One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

That's exciting news 300! You'll be one of the first. I'm actually glad about the alarm system added. I remember when I went to see the first 2 towers last year, during the summer, security told me they had a break and enter into one of the units. So I think this prompted them to include an alarm system. I believe the monitoring is covered with our maintenance fees? Possibly? Chris said we won't pay a monthly fee for it.

Are you all set to move in?

That's exciting news 300! You'll be one of the first. I'm actually glad about the alarm system added. I remember when I went to see the first 2 towers last year, during the summer, security told me they had a break and enter into one of the units. So I think this prompted them to include an alarm system. I believe the monitoring is covered with our maintenance fees? Possibly? Chris said we won't pay a monthly fee for it.

Are you all set to move in?

When Rogers contacted me last week, they didn't mention anything about their home monitoring service so I assume the security system must be included within maintenance fees.

I am very much ready to move in. Scheduled deliveries to coincide with my elevator booking and renting a truck to move in everything else that doesn't have free delivey (Cough cough, IKEA)

Hope everyone has a great long weekend!

Do any of you know if we have a Condo Corporation established as of yet? My insurance company wanted to know and I haven't received any answer from Mellissa as of yet. Most likely it hasn't been established yet, but figured I'd ask in case you heard differently.

Do any of you know if we have a Condo Corporation established as of yet? My insurance company wanted to know and I haven't received any answer from Mellissa as of yet. Most likely it hasn't been established yet, but figured I'd ask in case you heard differently.

Condo Corp will be established once it registers so what I had to do was get renter/tenant insurance. Tomorrow I get the keys to my unit and move in, I'll let you know how it all goes!

Thanks bro.

That's what I'll do in the interim. Congratulations man! Tomorrow is a big day for you. Keep us opted on your experience!

Thanks bro.

That's what I'll do in the interim. Congratulations man! Tomorrow is a big day for you. Keep us opted on your experience!

Thank you thank you!

I took a look yesterday and it seems like I'm defintely not the first to move in. Noticed that a few units already had shades/drapes on their windows which are actually higher than my unit so not sure how this all worked with early occupancy. Also, full time concierge already posted in lobby so it seems like everything is already in full swing.

I had to write two posted dated cheques for occupancy rent; November and December so it seems like Edilcan isn't quite sure when it might register and my lawyer hasn't been told anything to comfirm that.

Occupancy rent amount is just slightly lower than the actual mortgage amount; $1050 which includes rent, estimated property taxes and maintenance fees. That amount is with 20% down so your occupancy rent might be different.

I feel like the estimated taxes is slightly higher than what it should be, seems like I'm being charged 1% which as we know isn't the Toronto mill rate, it's more like .8% but it's better to overpay and get a credit than underpay and owe big.

Maintenance fees went up slightly from originally quoted; $12 more per month and parking maintenance is $42 a month.

I also received my parking unit number and level although not sure exactly where it is.

Although you've given 2 post dated cheque already, is it still possible that Edilcan can register the building prior to the end of December? Or is having to give 2 post dated cheques pretty much a guarantee that the building won't be registered before the end of the year?

Although you've given 2 post dated cheque already, is it still possible that Edilcan can register the building prior to the end of December? Or is having to give 2 post dated cheques pretty much a guarantee that the building won't be registered before the end of the year?

I received an email from my lawyer that says final closing is November 15th!

My lawyer said that they'll just mail them back to him if the building registers before.

I received an email from my lawyer that says final closing is November 15th!

Yes, my lawyer sent me the same email, how exciting!

Anyways, so I've moved in and wow, things have been hectic.

Picked my keys up at 2, security was nice enough to put the elevator in service early, had everything moved in 1.5 hours. My fiancé and I were the very first to move in so it was sort of neat to have that honour. We slept on a mattress on the floor in the living room the first night, pretty cool to have the entire building to yourself.

Truth be told, the unit didn't have all deficiencies completed which were stated on the PDI but whatever, I have that 30 day form.

The building is still a construction site to be honest, well, just doing the finishing touches. I've run into Chris a few times so far, still doing PDI's for people who missed appointments or requested a second appointment.

One elevator is broken, one likes to go to the 29 floor and then to ground level by itself and the other is service which is still being used by trades or new move ins so it's a little slow getting around.

The underground parking is pretty much empty, it's nice to have that ramp next to the building to access the garage quicker, it's truly a maze down there, more so than typical underground lots.

If you guys have any questions about the move, feel free to ask!

Hey 300, how was your first weekend in the new building?!

Hey Reign,

First weekend in the building was quiet.

I believe someone moved into a unit on my floor on Saturday but I haven't heard anything since so maybe they're moving in slowly.

Parking garage is still empty for 9 Valhalla which is surprising considering there's maybe 15-20 units occupied by now.

I'm fully moved in, just enjoying some vacation time and having friends and family over to check out the place!

Hey Reign,

First weekend in the building was quiet.

I believe someone moved into a unit on my floor on Saturday but I haven't heard anything since so maybe they're moving in slowly.

Parking garage is still empty for 9 Valhalla which is surprising considering there's maybe 15-20 units occupied by now.

I'm fully moved in, just enjoying some vacation time and having friends and family over to check out the place!

That's great to hear bro! I guess the most difficult part is now over. I can't wait to be in that position myself. That's surprising that the garage is still empty, but I'm sure it will start to fill up in time. Have you had a chance to really explore the other aspects of the buildings as of yet? Are the gyms and the pool fairly decent?

Oh, also, do you know of the alarm keypad is connected to an external monitoring company or is it just to the concierge? Do you know if our smoke detector also doubles as a CO2 detector as well by any chance?

That's great to hear bro! I guess the most difficult part is now over. I can't wait to be in that position myself. That's surprising that the garage is still empty, but I'm sure it will start to fill up in time. Have you had a chance to really explore the other aspects of the buildings as of yet? Are the gyms and the pool fairly decent?

Oh, also, do you know of the alarm keypad is connected to an external monitoring company or is it just to the concierge? Do you know if our smoke detector also doubles as a CO2 detector as well by any chance?

Oh yes, I've definitely toured the facilities pretty extensively, the gym for our condo looks as if no one has even worked out in it yet, the pool was closed this weekend for maintenance, I believe the south terrace (BBQ area) opened yesterday but I forgot to check it out, the north terrace is very nice actually.

I haven't set the alarm keypad yet so I'm not sure exactly but yes the fire alarm is also a carbon monoxide detector.

Hey everyone!

I just got the e-mail from Mellissa about interim occupancy. We are able to move in on the 24th of October. Now I called the property manager and same problem, they require some heads up from Mellissa and are not able to book anything until they get the e-mail.

Now we just have to pack the rest of our belongings and do everything in less than 5 days.

Did you guys have to asign your hst rebate over to the builder in return for money back on closing? When they said money back on closing they didnt say it would come from the rebate.

Back