One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

Good to see someone is keeping this forum alive! Especially since a lot of people are talking about the 2 Gibbs buildings that are supposed to be built just south of us.

I don't think that they were doing any PDI dates yet. When I called last time, I was told that they are waiting for the dates from the contractors but he did mention that they should be for July. At this point I'm just impatient to see the unit.

We were just worried with the size of the parking and most families having more than one car it may be a problem, fortunately it is good to know that a lot of spots still go on rent. Do you know the prices that they usually rent for??

I try to reply to all comments on here as quickly as possible.

Ah yes, the new development to the south of us, it looks massive and will take nearly a decade to complete but I'm sure once completed, it will really make the condo complex look stunning!

Perhaps the PDI dates will be included in the tentative occupancy letters we are to receive in the near future. I know how you feel about being impatient to see your unit. I purchased my unit over 26 months ago and selected my colour package which was so new, they didn't have a model suit with it yet so everything will be a big surprise but hopefully it all comes out perfect.

I knew someone who lived in the first Valhalla tower (they sold just a few months ago) and they said parking was being rented for about $100 a month which is pretty fair considering it's $50 a month for the maintenance fee on the parking spot.

Keep me updated if you happen to find out more information and I will do the same!

Good to see someone is keeping this forum alive! Especially since a lot of people are talking about the 2 Gibbs buildings that are supposed to be built just south of us.

I don't think that they were doing any PDI dates yet. When I called last time, I was told that they are waiting for the dates from the contractors but he did mention that they should be for July. At this point I'm just impatient to see the unit.

We were just worried with the size of the parking and most families having more than one car it may be a problem, fortunately it is good to know that a lot of spots still go on rent. Do you know the prices that they usually rent for??

Hi there,
I am new to the forum. Will be in Triumph. Has anyone heard about occupancy? Do you know if there is a facebook page established for the residents? Or some other means of networking other than this forum?

Welcome to the forum!

As you can see, only a few of us are active on here but you've come to the right place.

Nothing officially about occupancy but when I enquired about early occupancy (back in January, I was emailed in regards to the possibility of moving in before the October 27th date) but thanks to a 6 week long strike by dry wallers, I was told that September might be a possibility but most likely not until early October.

Everyone who has purchased a unit will be mailed and/or emailed on July 27th with the tentative occupancy date which is in less than a week! Hopefully that letter/email also includes a date for an information session. In the email I received in regards to early occupancy, they made a mention of an information session although it's been 6 months since anything official has been communicated to purchasers which I must say, not the most professional manner to conduct business.

It would have also been nice to have been notified about that strike as well as I'm sure some purchasers who have received those early occupancy letters might still be under the impression that they're moving in early.

Not to get your hopes up but that occupancy date will most likely change so just take it with a grain of salt but at least it gives a general indicator.

As for a Facebook group or other forms of networking, I couldn't tell you. Anything I've found out was due to my own due dilliegence, just emailing or calling Edilcan. They aren't the most responsive group of people but I get an answer eventually.

Hope that helps!

Just saying hi too!

When my boyfriend called the sales office last week they said that they would still be aiming for the October 27th date but the PDI is unknown currently.

Unfortunately there is no facebook site so we have this forum for now.

Well, I was really expecting a letter today from Edilcan in regards to final tentative occupancy date but that wasn't the case. Today is exactly 90 days from the first tentative occupancy date we signed in the agreement.

According to Tarion, if we aren't provided with propert notice (which in this case, we haven't) October 27th is now the firm occupancy date. I believe that also means they cannot delay occupancy or else we will be entitled to compensation.

I've got to be honest, I'm not really too thrilled with how Edilcan just sort of disregarded the purchasers of this project. To basically just ignore the rules of Tarion, shows a total lack of respect. It would have been also nice to know when we can expect our PDI or at least a general idea. To be three months away from occupancy and not know anything is pretty frustrating.

Hey everyone,

Nice to meet you all. I'm a little disappointed as well in their lack of communication with the buyers, but let's just hope for the best and see if they get in touch with us after the long weekend.

I had no idea there was this forum in existence until now! Its a good way for us to at least have a way to communicate with each other about what is happening.

Welcome to the forum Reign24!

It's been great to have all these new members, really good timing I must add as well.

I actually contacted Tarion last night for advice on this situation so I'll let everyone once I get a reply back.

If anyone does happen to get a letter, please share that information as soon as possible!

I am almost beginning to feel like they are brushing it off because they're almost done this project (final building, just wanting to get it done).

I've noticed a lot of issues with documents not being properly mailed out. I still haven't gotten my 5% payment from the 2nd of July. Took the money, called them to let them know that I want to update the address on file (my mail was still arriving but I wanted to be sure that there wouldn't be issues in the future) and they said that they would get back to me. Never did.

It sort of does feel that way. They are so heavily invested in their new project (2 Gibbs) that they forgot about the one they are currently still constructing.

Actually, I had that issue too with not receiving the receipt for a payment. I contacted the law firm which I believe is Brattys LLP and in a day or two, they emailed me the receipt. At least the law firm representing the developer knows how to answer an email.

I still haven't received a receipt for the colour selection I did back in November. I contacted both the sales office and head office for the receipt. 8 months later, nadda. At least I kept all the paperwork and photocopied cheque of the payment.

I also found the early occupancy notice to be completely redundant. They emailed me back in January to select a time frame that I would like to move in early but didn't give a time frame to select from. Like I could have said I wanted to move in April but clearly the building would have not been ready by then even if the strike didn't occur. Didn't make sense for us to select a time frame of early occupancy but don't provide the window of time for that. Not to mention that when I did email back my ideal early move in, I never got a reply to confirm they received it so I emailed it about 5-6 times until I finally did receive a confirmation.

It sort of does feel that way. They are so heavily invested in their new project (2 Gibbs) that they forgot about the one they are currently still constructing.

Actually, I had that issue too with not receiving the receipt for a payment. I contacted the law firm which I believe is Brattys LLP and in a day or two, they emailed me the receipt. At least the law firm representing the developer knows how to answer an email.

I still haven't received a receipt for the colour selection I did back in November. I contacted both the sales office and head office for the receipt. 8 months later, nadda. At least I kept all the paperwork and photocopied cheque of the payment.

I also found the early occupancy notice to be completely redundant. They emailed me back in January to select a time frame that I would like to move in early but didn't give a time frame to select from. Like I could have said I wanted to move in April but clearly the building would have not been ready by then even if the strike didn't occur. Didn't make sense for us to select a time frame of early occupancy but don't provide the window of time for that. Not to mention that when I did email back my ideal early move in, I never got a reply to confirm they received it so I emailed it about 5-6 times until I finally did receive a confirmation.

Honestly, the only good thing which is coming out of 2 Gibbs is that it would increase the value of the units we have purchased. I do feel bad for all of the people who thought that they would have beautiful and unobstructed views south. They're probably going to be furious once they find out that three more towers are going up. Thankfully we are east facing.

Good to know about the law firm. I'll try giving them a call for the paperwork.

One of the things which bothered me when we were buying a unit is that we did inquire about a second parking spot, obviously need it and wanted to see if it was even possible, and we were almost laughed at for asking the question. Apparently that answer and our age made us seem not serious.

Honestly, the only good thing which is coming out of 2 Gibbs is that it would increase the value of the units we have purchased. I do feel bad for all of the people who thought that they would have beautiful and unobstructed views south. They're probably going to be furious once they find out that three more towers are going up. Thankfully we are east facing.

Good to know about the law firm. I'll try giving them a call for the paperwork.

One of the things which bothered me when we were buying a unit is that we did inquire about a second parking spot, obviously need it and wanted to see if it was even possible, and we were almost laughed at for asking the question. Apparently that answer and our age made us seem not serious.

Unfortunately I am in one of those south facing units, haha, it's alright, I don't plan on staying in it for too long, don't think I could deal with a decade of construction nor could I live in a one bedroom unit for the rest of my life.

Being young myself, I can say that I didn't experience that issue when I purchased, I can say that it was a very professional experience, well up until this very point where we are currently bashing them, haha, but they brought it on themselves.

Thanks 300SRT8.

Question for you guys. Does anyone have an idea as to how long our "occupancy phase" will be? Also, would any of you have an idea of how Much we would reasonably be expected to pay as "rent" until this building gets registered? This whole concept of waiting for Edilcan to register the building somewhat bothers me.

Thanks 300SRT8.

Question for you guys. Does anyone have an idea as to how long our "occupancy phase" will be? Also, would any of you have an idea of how Much we would reasonably be expected to pay as "rent" until this building gets registered? This whole concept of waiting for Edilcan to register the building somewhat bothers me.

Great questions.

Don't exactly quote me on this but from what I understood, the first building registered within 2 months of occupancy and the second building registered within 3 months, something like that, it wasn't very long at all. I believe Edilcan does have a good reputation with that.

As for the amount we will be required to pay until it registers will most likely be roughly what to expect when you're actually paying for a mortgage, perhaps just cheaper by $200-$300. They might also calculate more on property tax than what it actually should be, a lot of developers tend to do that but once your mortgage broker calculates what it should be, it's most likely a lower rate, Toronto is about .85% or so

Oops, completely forgot to post the reply I received from Tarion.

Apparently, 90 days from now to October 27th is actually July 29th so Edican still has today and tomorrow to send occupancy notice.

If no occupancy notice is sent, then October 27th officially becomes the firm occupancy date.

If they delay, we are all entitled to compensation of $150 a day up to a total of $7,500.

Hope that helps!

Back