One Bloor East Condos (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

There are three SDM nearby including one in the Hudson's Bay Centre and then a Rexall in Manulife so hopefully we won't get another pharmacy. Something more interesting that isn't in the area would be nice.

The retail spaces, especially with their premium rents, does call for more exclusive and unique retailers.
Aēsop comes to mind -- their high-design concept stores would be a good fit here though their stores are not very big.
The Conran Shop would also be a great addition to this intersection.

Some Colour Selections

Living S3.jpg
Living S1.jpg

Attachments

• Living S3.jpg
    Living S3.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 1,420
  • Living S1.jpg
    Living S1.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 1,468
any other surprises or observations?
I think overall I was disappointed. First of all, the building is a construction zone, most unfinished I have ever seen. There is no foyer. You go to PDI through wet cement and open areas with no windows. It is not appealing to move in right now. I am frankly puzzled by how it may work and it is way to early for occupancy in my opinion. Secondly, the finishes were disappointing compared to x2, a much less expensive condo by Great Gulf. The colours were not exactly how I was anticipating. I wanted to stay with light/white colours but grey floor surprisingly turned out as brownish- orange shade. The standard granit was boring, you see this kind in cafes very often. A tiny Bathroom is claustrophobic.
I was disappointed to see very poor craftsmanship examining the window frames and arround them, all scuffed, scratched, and misaligned. I think it may be difficult to fix. On the positive side, there were many kitchen cupboards and the view was better than expected. It was not something I was expecting from Great Gulf after a very positive experience with x2; and it is noncommensurate with the price. Just look at the size of the front closet

Last edited:
Yea I figured the building would look like a construction zone. I also figured the unit would be smaller. Even X2 felt smaller. I'm hoping the finishes aren't that far off. But yes, they are nothing special and I felt that way at color selection. Felt nickel and dimes by GG. That said, I do see some positives from your pics. You actually like the floor.

Lastly, if you feel that the place is unsafe ir not ready to move in you could ask to push back your occupancy.

Integrated fridge and dishwasher, and pantry (that was extra.) The kitchen sink is tiny. Bathroom. View from the window was better than expected, I could see Yonge st very well. One would not be able to go on the balcony until next summer, however, because the glass installation is not finished yet.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures. Were the hanging lights in the kitchen standard or extra? I'm used to pretty cheap track lighting on the ceiling. The bathroom looks nice, but does appear quite small. The view is great! Isn't it scary that the balcony glass isn't installed yet?

Lights in the kitchen are standard. The glass is partially installed, partially broken, and partially piled up on the balcony. I only hope they would not need to pass through the apartment to work on the balcony. Balcony does not look very good but I think it is safe as long as one stays out of it. What was more scary for me is that there is no lobby and no main entrance. I could not get an answer to the question of where the entrance is going to be. I hope there will be one for occupancy and one would not need to pass through large open construction spaces without windows to go home.

Would love to see rest of the pics. Have a PDI next week. Will post pics
If you have not upgraded the kitchen tap, could you, please, send a picture of it? I would like to see what a standard tap looks like. I have upgraded mine to a "pull down" one just to find out that you cannot pull it down. Could anyone post a picture of a standard kitchen tap please? Is it a pull down?

If you have not upgraded the kitchen tap, could you, please, send a picture of it? I would like to see what a standard tap looks like. I have upgraded mine to a "pull down" one just to find out that you cannot pull it down. Could anyone post a picture of a standard kitchen tap please? Is it a pull down?

I'll try to remember.

The kitchen is a similar design used at Charlie Condos, also designed by Cicconi Simone. The island which was taken straight out of Charlie looks too big and chunky, with those silly nooks and inserts. I'd rather see a more practical and sleeker one piece island with a continuous single level counter, especially when there is hardly any counter space on the peninsula.
I remember looking to buy a unit here a long time ago, but the sales centre didn't have actual material samples or a typical kitchen vignette as I was told that completion was so far in the future that the material may look outdated by then (they only have some material boards which were only suggestions on what they may look like). I didn't feel comfortable buying something I have no idea what it will look like, which after seeing these photos really confirms my intuition. The interiors looks like any other condo, it doesn't look that refined or upscale enough to be in a signature building.
Those Corian sink/vanities are awful. I used to have one and it is a maintenance nightmare as it doesn't shed water and debris/scum as easily as a glazed porcelain finish, which requires constant cleaning.

I will never purchase a condo with a Cicconi Simone designed interior. Their designs are often overly trendy, cookie cutter, and more form over function with little understanding on how people live.

In GG's defence every developer these days are having quality/workmanship issues, even the most reputable and long standing developers like GG. Blame it on labour shortages, unions, and the biggest construction boom we ever experienced.

Last edited:
Cecconi Simone had a nice start but now I find myself growing tired of their designs. The kitchens with these oversized islands that take up half the kitchen.

As far as the look goes, keep in mind One Bloor has 3 levels of finishes. Higher floors get "high end" finishes, mid floors get just below that and lower level get the low end finishes which is what you'd find in the average condo. Finishes were very basic. If I remember correctly, it was granite or corian standard. No Ceasarstone. The styles were very limited.

I stated earlier that GG was nickle and dime-ing on the finishes and charging for things you'd get standard in other projects.

I still have no doubt the building as a whole will be spectacular but was disappointed by color selection.

Last thing about CC. Why do they use such tiny baseboards? Thought in this development they'd be more substantial but the same tiny basboards I see at Charlie, X2, St Nicholas, etc.

Back