One Bloor East Condos (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

the floorplan is roughly 43 ft x 30 ft so I'd say it's 1300 sq ft

You are spot on. things really look a lot smaller than I'd expected.
For some weeks now with the help of the photos provided, I've been trying to place the attached floorplan "passion" into the tower floor plate. Even though different floors has different plans, from the structural beams, the location of the elevator shaft, you can pretty much figure out where each room starts and end. I can't believe how small the living room is gonna be. From the 1st sight of the tower plate, I've been in denial, hopping it must be a perceptive error on my part or somehow the tower is gonna be larger at the top. The kitchen and living combined has only a width of 20"11. Maybe ok for unit <1000sqft. But a 10 ft wide living, in a 1400sqft unit?

Looking at the attached floorplan, can anyone advice if you see/find 1405sqft space?

Has anyone had their color selection yet? Pretty disappointed by the standard finishes. For a building of this magnitude getting nickle and dimed for finishes that are standard in other buildings was a bit of a shock.

Has anyone had their color selection yet? Pretty disappointed by the standard finishes. For a building of this magnitude getting nickle and dimed for finishes that are standard in other buildings was a bit of a shock.

Can you share what the standard finishings are like?

Would you buy this 899sf 2br+den with 20 feet of windows and a windowless second bedroom: (http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt61/HiRiser/1BE floorplans/12.jpg), for $750k...

...knowing that there's a 815sf 2br corner unit with 55 feet of windows: (http://s598.photobucket.com/user/HiRiser/media/1BE floorplans/10.jpg.html) for $696k?

Prices from here: http://www.krishome.ca/images/17190/onebloor-price-list-P1.jpg

The $20/sf (2%) difference in per-square-foot price isn't enough to make me want the lousy unit with no daylight.

Why do they lay out the units so poorly to make some so unsellable? Why would I pay the average price of a house in this city for that unit, when there are average one bedroom apartments nearby with just as much window...

Last edited:

Great Gulf really sticking it to people hard on this one on the basis of "prestige" re: location

Would you buy this 899sf 2br+den with 20 feet of windows and a windowless second bedroom: (http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt61/HiRiser/1BE floorplans/12.jpg), for $750k...

...knowing that there's a 815sf 2br corner unit with 55 feet of windows: (http://s598.photobucket.com/user/HiRiser/media/1BE floorplans/10.jpg.html) for $696k?

Prices from here: http://www.krishome.ca/images/17190/onebloor-price-list-P1.jpg

The $20/sf (2%) difference in per-square-foot price isn't enough to make me want the lousy unit with no daylight.

Why do they lay out the units so poorly to make some so unsellable? Why would I pay the average price of a house in this city for that unit, when there are average one bedroom apartments nearby with just as much window...

I'm not a fan of interior bedrooms either.

however, there are several things to consider when you compare these 2 units:

* 899sf 2br+den is on higher level (I believe there are different finishes for some higher floors) with west exposure fronting Yonge Street so you have about 50 ft of clearance, so hopefully that will let in plenty of light (not sure what is being proposed at 1 Bloor West at Stollery's site)
* 899sf 2br+den is a fairly rectangular unit with minimal wasted space.
it has a fairly large LR/DR/cook area with distinct zones. it actually can accommodate a small dining table.
I would exchange the dual sliding doors that access the master bedroom for a single door located at either end of the bedroom wall so it provides more versatility with furniture placement, because as of now, one is only able to use the demising wall between units.
also, one could get rid of the den and convert it to a walk-in closet with access from the main hall (with pocket door behind HVAC) and the 2nd bedroom. by eliminating the existing wall-to-wall closet, it would enlarge the bedroom to approx. 10' x 12' if desired

====

* 815sf 2br corner unit is on a lower floor with southwest exposure fronting Yonge Street and Hayden so you have about 50+ ft of clearance across Yonge (not sure how much Crystal Blue and Uptown Residences by Pemberton will shadow that corner); however, the block of Yonge Street south of Hayden will eventually developed with another high-rise.
* 2 smaller bedrooms at less than 9'6" x 9'6"
* there's about 24 ft of hallway that equates to at least 75 sq ft of wasted space - that's reflected in the lack of an actual dining area, so this is more like 740-750 sf unit.

Can you share what the standard finishings are like?

Hard to say but the standard finishes for the "low end" units are what you'd see in other Great Gulf projects most notably X2. Light in the bedroom is like $2500 which IMO is ridiculous. Stripped engineered is an upgrade. Standard are what you'd see at other GG projects. Standard finishes were quite boring and disappointing. I used to be high on GG but not as high as I used to be. Still a solid builder, though.

I'm not a fan of interior bedrooms either.

however, there are several things to consider when you compare these 2 units:

* 899sf 2br+den is on higher level (I believe there are different finishes for some higher floors) with west exposure fronting Yonge Street so you have about 50 ft of clearance, so hopefully that will let in plenty of light (not sure what is being proposed at 1 Bloor West at Stollery's site)
* 899sf 2br+den is a fairly rectangular unit with minimal wasted space.
it has a fairly large LR/DR/cook area with distinct zones. it actually can accommodate a small dining table.
I would exchange the dual sliding doors that access the master bedroom for a single door located at either end of the bedroom wall so it provides more versatility with furniture placement, because as of now, one is only able to use the demising wall between units.
also, one could get rid of the den and convert it to a walk-in closet with access from the main hall (with pocket door behind HVAC) and the 2nd bedroom. by eliminating the existing wall-to-wall closet, it would enlarge the bedroom to approx. 10' x 12' if desired

====

* 815sf 2br corner unit is on a lower floor with southwest exposure fronting Yonge Street and Hayden so you have about 50+ ft of clearance across Yonge (not sure how much Crystal Blue and Uptown Residences by Pemberton will shadow that corner); however, the block of Yonge Street south of Hayden will eventually developed with another high-rise.
* 2 smaller bedrooms at less than 9'6" x 9'6"
* there's about 24 ft of hallway that equates to at least 75 sq ft of wasted space - that's reflected in the lack of an actual dining area, so this is more like 740-750 sf unit.

I wouldn't want 10 seats worth of dining space in such a cramped apartment, the big island would be plenty enough. Also, the issues with the corner unit is mostly to do with bad planning. Here's how I would do it:

VItHJfB.png

Or with larger bedrooms:
7TBx4t3.png

Hope GG will reveal details for the Penthouse on 75th floor!
would they go for a single penthouse occupying the whole floor or something more conservative?

Hmmm.... 100,000 sq.ft. of retail space available. Six months ago they only had 80,000 feet. Interesting. Either they mysteriously found 20,000 feet or someone has backed out. Not looking good, considering all the other space available in the neighborhood.
IMG_0011.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    298.2 KB · Views: 816

Back