Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

DSC_3199.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_3199.jpg
    DSC_3199.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 1,593
Anyone know how long it will be before we see balcony glass above the podium level? It's hard to judge what the wave effect will actually look like without the finished balconies.

It's amazing to think how much this building will animate this intersection at night.

I used to live on Charles St and then Bay a few years ago and I was always astonished by how quiet this stretch got at night.

Still no word on the retail?! Someone here has to know something... They really bucked the trend here of opening retail while the building is still under construction.

Has it happened anywhere other than at Aura? Maybe I've missed some, but I don't think you could say there's a trend to open retail early now.
fair enough... I was thinking particularly about Aura and the proposal with "The One".

edit: wanted to add Target with Harbour Plaza.. but obviously that is no longer happening.. but it was announced early on.

Last edited:
Anyone know how long it will be before we see balcony glass above the podium level? It's hard to judge what the wave effect will actually look like without the finished balconies.

likely be spring before we see the completion of the Balcony glass.

From Danforth between Woodbine and Main:

IMG_8153.JPG

From Donlands and Danforth:

IMG_8247.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8153.JPG
    IMG_8153.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 932
  • IMG_8247.JPG
    IMG_8247.JPG
    253.4 KB · Views: 955
Would've looked amazing if they used the same glass that they are using on the retail portion to form the railing on the residential level directly above the retail. Make it look like a continuous piece of glass and include a frit that makes it go from clear to white, to provide a smooth transition between the two levels.

Back