Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

OT, I know, but the brick of the facade of that building with the Mexican restaurant on the east side of Yonge in the second of Benito's photos is ridiculously black. Hopefully that gem will follow the recent rehab trend a la FIVE, etc.

Might I add, on topic now, that the glazing for the northwest corner of the podium of One Bloor is taking a while to be installed. I couldn't help but feel when walking by that it might be awaiting a glass different from the rest of the podium (aka Apple)

That would be great if the building with Comoencasa was rehabbed. I haven't heard of any projects planned for that block of Yonge yet, hasn't anyone heard anything?

Will the balconies of these penthouses be the highest in Canada? Or will the terraces atop Trump still be higher? Hmm… no time to look it up right now, but if these are lower, they're more exposed and will feel higher!

They should be higher. Trump's lower roof(top of the mech) is only 776ft and the terrace is a fair bit lower than that, probably about 750ft. One Bloor's look to be around 780-790ish. But aside from that the ground elevation is 100ft greater so it'll certainly seem much higher.

OT, I know, but the brick of the facade of that building with the Mexican restaurant on the east side of Yonge in the second of Benito's photos is ridiculously black. Hopefully that gem will follow the recent rehab trend a la FIVE, etc.

Might I add, on topic now, that the glazing for the northwest corner of the podium of One Bloor is taking a while to be installed. I couldn't help but feel when walking by that it might be awaiting a glass different from the rest of the podium (aka Apple)

Yes, the state of that facade is an absolute travesty. Give how the cornices of the various properties lines up - I see great opportunity to restore some degree of unity to the street through redevelopment of non-contributing structures..

AoD

I do believe these will be the highest balconies in the country. As to how comfortable or usable these will be is another question, especially in the winter months.

Big drop from today.

A1eFkD0.jpg

JA64oeI.jpg

UR13Gs5.jpg

Y1C3gX8.jpg

RfkxZCC.jpg

NBsE7cs.jpg

Lg41tnl.jpg

5ICTkqq.jpg

79xHqBY.jpg

I noticed from Yonge Street north of the 401, One Bloor is now one of the few visible downtown buildings deep in the horizon. From that vantage point, more so an impact than Aura and Four Seasons had.

From today:

21101036541_374882f6b0_b.jpg

They have put something on the brackets for the overhangs on the main level. Not sure what it is.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,896
Update this afternoon:
2015-09-04 15.04.36.jpg

2015-09-04 15.01.55.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-09-04 15.04.36.jpg
    2015-09-04 15.04.36.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 1,062