News   Apr 18, 2024
 279     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.9K     4 

Now I know Iran is NOT a threat

They've successfully resisted several invasions by their neighbours. The world owes them for that.,

A little over the top, don't you think?....I don't owe israel anything.

Isreal has attacked the US and UK in the past....I don't give them a free ride like most of the world does.

^That you didn't merely imply it, but actually wrote, that most of the world gives Israel a free ride is one of the most preposterous statements I've read in recent memory. Thanks for setting a new gold medal standard for hyperbole. Wow. WOW! That really is achievement.

That you said it in the same breath as accusing another poster on this thread of being "a little over the top" is just the icing on the irony cake. Bravo! I gather that the humour was accidental, but that makes it no less hilarious.

Last edited:
We're all entitled to our opinions

...yes, thanks for the reminder and weaving in the concept of "entitlement" as a defense. I am equally entitled to comment on the breathtaking stupidity of a statement that you voluntarily posted and offered up for response online. Jews, Israel, free ride? Just about any other group I could casually dismiss such a remark, but against a group that has thousands of years of "free ride" experience I take some umbrage. Maybe the billeting at Treblinka, Dachau and Auschwitz, was free, but I'd hardly call that a perk. Free ride? Are you kidding me, name me one group that has paid more for their freedom and statehood than the Jews? Name me another state that lives under the banner of constant threats and terror from beyond and within its borders the way Jews do? Free ride?

Moreover, if by calling me a "little one" you are trying to establish yourself as a mental giant or knowledgeable authority on the subject for which this thread was created, then you've got some ways to go before convincing me.

Little One

A little over the top, don't you think?....I don't owe israel anything.

Over the top because the world and the Middle East would be better off with a nuclear armed Iraq and Syria? Just imagine what Assad would be doing now, if he had the immunity that nuclear arms would have afforded him.

Isreal has attacked the US and UK in the past....I don't give them a free ride like most of the world does.

Ah yes this. They aren't "really" our friends because of some friendly fire incident from decades ago. Or are you going to cite the attacks on the British during Israel's war of independence? Go back far enough and the Americans should regard us as a threat.

What? They single-handedly stopped the Iraqi and Syrian nuclear programs. They've successfully resisted several invasions by their neighbours. The world owes them for that., Whatever your stance on Bush, imagine Saddam or Assad with nukes. I'd say the Israelis have got a solid record on 'taking people on.'

Iran hasn't been around for 2000 years. Islamic Iran is very new. And their Persian ancestors were notorious for military expansionism.

Single-handedly? Israel is nothing without the support of the US. It wouldn't have existed.
Persians are notrisous for military expansionism... OK, how does it compare with the UK, France, Germany, and the US? I am sure Iran pales immediately in terms of agression toward other countries.

Most of the war during the past 500 years were initiated by western countries + Japan/Russia, and most lives were lost due to their expansionism. Iran doesn't even come close. Yet it is considered "threatening". I suppose it is not because iran is particularly dangerous, but rather it just doesn't give a crap about what western powers say, which really piss them off, so why not throw it a label as a biggest threat of peace. How ironic.

... Maybe the billeting at Treblinka, Dachau and Auschwitz, was free, but I'd hardly call that a perk. Free ride? Are you kidding me, name me one group that has paid more for their freedom and statehood than the Jews? Name me another state that lives under the banner of constant threats and terror from beyond and within its borders the way Jews do?

Here we go. The Holocaust gives Israel carte blanche to do whatever it wants to and nobody is supposed to criticize the Jewish State when it starts mimicking its former oppressors. The "free ride" referred to is the actions Israel has taken without receiving little, if any, official criticism. When it comes to Israel, the "free ride" definitely exists.

Back