Toronto Burke Condominiums | 163.4m | 53s | Concert | Arcadis

Is this something that happens regularly in that area? It's got to be one of the most depressing places in the city to live, so I could imagine living with depression and or mental issues, combined with such a mind numbing environment, could lead one to commit suicide.

I lived not too far from there for about 2+ years and never saw anything like that. However, people jump from buildings quite a bit. I lived by Bay and College and we always had jumpers.

Both. Ok worst sales person ever. I have seen one undiscovered jumper, one under a tarp and someone stabbed run from there and ultimately collapse half a block away in the middle of an intersection. My partner also saw a body under a tarp once as well. And also someone fell from 545 literally a few metres away while leaving the building.

I did some research and talked to the police and a reporter. Apparently people have been falling to their deaths there in high numbers since the 90's but there is very little the police can do as most of these unfortunate individuals do not have Canadian identities. So never get identified.

All the more reason to gentrify a bit though right?

So um... Ya. Let's hope the prices are reasonable.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Looking good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1,277
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,230
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,248
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,239
That's the only thing that's rich in that neighbourhood.

The restoration of these houses is amazing. Long overdue. When is construction of the towers and townhouses going to begin?

Relax. It was a joke. Don't take it so seriously. Btw, I was referring to the neighbourhood of St. James Town; not Rosedale.

Anyone know what the current status of this project is? Has it been approved by the city yet? Curious when they might start construction.

This went to the OMB in May with some changes to it. The old proposal was for a 45-storey building on Sherbourne, the restored homes on Glen and Howard, and a 12-storey plus 37-storey plus 45-storey building between Bloor and Howard. The OMB approved a new version which eliminates the 12-storey building and turns the 45-storey one on Sherbourne into a 50-storey one. There's more open space, and more non-residential space in the project to be used as community facilities. There are a few more details that Lanterra and the City are working out. When the City informs the OMB that the details have been agreed to, the OMB will declare this planned approved.

All of that is in the OMB decision, but there are no public materials to show us what it looks like yet.

In terms of construction, that could be years away still if these are all going to be condos: they'll need to sell 80% of each tower first. If one becomes a rental, as many buildings have been lately, who knows, that could go ahead sooner… but Lanterra have not done rentals yet, so don't count on that.

Back