News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 888     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Next up and coming neighbourhood

Lots of development in the West Don Lands over the next few years. As opposed to simply having lots of land available for developers, a community merging with Corktown and the Distillery District will form.

Depends on what you mean by "up and coming". Trendy? Hip? Rich? Places where real estate prices are likely to rise?

Some areas with plans for major future development include the east waterfront area, the West Donlands, the area round the foot of the Don River, and Leslieville. But the success of these developments will not be known for years and decades.

i personally pick mimico, been there a couple of times and seen different changes, also quite a few construction there as well, close to highway and easy access to DT toronto. house prices are likely to go up.

i personally pick mimico, been there a couple of times and seen different changes, also quite a few construction there as well, close to highway and easy access to DT toronto. house prices are likely to go up.

wasn't mimico considered a well-to-do area already?

The Junction.

All the artists I know, and even some Queen West hipsters (like the guys that own the Social/Parts and Labour) are buying homes or renting in the Wallace/Perth/Lappin/Lansdowne area of town. That will be the next hot 'hood--already, "The Starving Artist" coffee cafe opened just north of Bloor on Lansdowne, Yassi's Place is hot for brunch, etc. Expect Lansdowne and Wallace retail scene to start heating up in the next few years. It's a great hidden part of Toronto that is so close to the subway. (I almost bought a dump on Ward St last year during the crash for $180,000.)

Then, the Next Next hot 'hood downtown westside I expect to heat up: Hallam/Dovercourt area, meaning the retail strip.

Last edited:
wasn't mimico considered a well-to-do area already?

The Mimico that I know and love is not so "well to do". There are some pretty rough edges in the area but I agree that the location and proximity to GO and the streetcar along with relatively low housing prices point to updside.

Long Branch to the west is also an intriguing corner of the City for many of the same reasons as Mimico.

The areas around Roncesvalles and Dundas west of Ossington up to Bloor look like they are up and coming. I'm not entirely sure what you would call these areas. The north end of Parkdale? Portugal Village? Roncesvalles? Bloor by the Park? Whatever. That's my opinion.

Some areas with plans for major future development include the east waterfront area, the West Donlands, the area round the foot of the Don River, and Leslieville. But the success of these developments will not be known for years and decades.
One area I mentioned in another thread is along Kingston Road between Birchmount and Brimley. Why? Because it was just rezoned last month from commercial to mixed use residential with allowances for up to mid-rise developments.

But yeah, the success of this rezoning won't be fully known for about 20 years.

Back