News   Apr 24, 2024
 341     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 538     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 486     0 

New rides at Wonderland

Wonderland unveiled new rides for 2018: https://www.canadaswonderland.com/explore/new-for-2018

Lumberjack will take guests for a thrilling ride on two swinging axe pendulums, propelling them into the sky with their feet dangling through 360 degree loops. With inversions reaching up to 75 feet (22m) high, Lumberjack will give riders the sensation of an inverted coaster loop!

Flying Canoes is an interactive family ride that will allow riders to control their journey of flight in two-person canoes.

In addition to Lumberjack and Flying Canoes, Splash Island’s children’s pool in Splash Works will be expanded to double its size and will feature all-new interactive spray features.

I'm liking this "Canadiana" expansion. Lumberjack is going just West of Soaring Timbers (already confirmed) and I would think Flying Canoes would be situated close by. I'm thinking either by the Timberwolf Falls exit, or by the trampolines which is near Action Theatre/ White Water Canyon.

There are strong rumours for a hotel/ LARGE coaster for next year, probably on Skyrider's plot.

I'm thinking between Soaring Timbers and the previously mentioned plot of land, all it would take is one major coaster and you would just lump in Timberwolf Falls, WWC and some more scenery and a restaraunt, then you have the long lost "Frontier Canada" that was supposed to be in the park!

There were talks of there being a coal mine ride and a Cariboo Cafe which went along with Mighty Canadian Minebuster. There was also going to be axe throwing competitions, log rolling, pole climbing and wood chopping! Instead, everything got delayed during the first couple of years and eventually fell off the radar.

Then in 1992 we got the waterpark as the expansion into the southern part of the park. Thats where amusement parks were going in the late 80's/ early 90's.

Last edited:
I have a reliable source that mentions when they took out Sky rider they put in an electrical station by Behemoth and the theatre which connects to that specific plot of land. I'm assuming the type of coaster going in would be a launch coaster, which is a style that doesn't rely on a lift hill. Think Maverick at Cedar Point.

I'm surprised the one monorail station is called "Weston". Riding the monorail as a kid, I remember the station name being announced and thought we were near the Weston neighborhood. But years later I thought I must have heard it wrong and the station was called "Western", due to the Western Canadian animals exhibited in the area.

But no...the station was actually called Weston! Did the Galen Weston family fund the monorail?

Utility markers have been spotted on the land where the mini putt used to be (For the new Lumberjack ride) as well on the old Sky Rider area and even across the pond by Vortex.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/canada-s_wonderland.htm

And in another announcement, CW is getting a Winterfest for 2018 which is a winter/Christmas themed event which has had a fair bit of success in other sister parks such as Knott's Berry Farm.

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2017/10/outgoing_incoming_cedar_fair_c.html

Big things are happening... including the previously mentioned (most likely) new hotel and indoor waterpark as well as a new Canadian themed section.

Bravo Cedar Fair.

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/blog/november-2017/10-ways-the-park-preps-for-winter

An interesting piece of information. I paid more attention to repairing beams in Wonder Mountain and new food services overall.

If you ever go on themeparkreview.com or CWMania's facebook page you will see lots and lots of construction this offseason. Notably clearing behind Action Theatre which is allegedly for 2018's Winterfest props and theming... In the old boneyard west of Splashworks which seem to be where a new catering facility is being place. I don't know what that would mean to their current facility by Leviathan. Also a lot of earth being moved by Minebuster's lift hill.

There's also a metal fence on the North East part of the parking lot with flags all over the place, multiple trailers by Splashworks and the old Skyrider plot of land and the locker area in Splashworks got demolished on top of the kiddie pool and cement in the surrounding area.

Quite a bit of work this offseason, hopefully by April we will start to see signs for a new coaster/hotel.

I'm assuming a new prototype coaster from B&M or a world record Gerstlauer Infinity.
That would be awesome.

Apparently, Cedar Fair is using Wonderland as a park for testing new designs, while other parks get the improved versions of them. It means that we're first, but it won't be as good as compared with others later on.

We only have 2 great coasters.... then Vortex.... then everything else.
Even if they are the prototype coasters it' a huge upgrade. Leviathan is considered top 20 still.
We will remain the flat ide capital with some decent coasters too... I'm okay with that.

Back