News   Apr 23, 2024
 275     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 476     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1.3K     0 

New look for the Victoria Park subway station (Brown and Storey)

Good day off today- the wife took the kids to her mother's. Checked out VP station for a bit- looks like this project is almost done! Few little cosmetic things and the three stop elevator from the pedestian bridge to finish- that will help a lot of elderly and disabled who live in the Cresent Town area very much I imagine. Hopefully Warden Station will get funding soon as well. I use that station quite often as well- I heard on another thread that they plan on getting rid of those seperated bus platforms at that station. One thing I like about Warden Station is the bus ramps in and out of the station. Hopefully the new design uses those because they work really well. Kennedy Station will get a remake when they add the Eglington Crosstown LRT and SRT uprgade. Great seeing many stations getting more user friendly. Hopefully Mayor Ford doesn't slow this progress up too much.

Unfortunately, some people think these improvements are a waste of money since the stations work well enough already.

With the way things are going in city hall, I don't think there will be any more station improvements for a long time. Already, the capital budget for the TTC is being examined to see how far it can be cut back, and the Mayor is looking for money all over the place to build the Sheppard line.

Unfortunately, some people think these improvements are a waste of money since the stations work well enough already.

With the way things are going in city hall, I don't think there will be any more station improvements for a long time. Already, the capital budget for the TTC is being examined to see how far it can be cut back, and the Mayor is looking for money all over the place to build the Sheppard line.

Not all stations work well enough and some are going to inevitably going face major repairs, at which point it would be sensible to come up with an overarching improvement project. Some parts of Victoria Park Station didn't work and this project addressed various deficiencies in terms of transfers to surface routes, accessibility, walkways, finishes, and lighting. To say it was a waste of money is ignorant. Some people get antsy when they see art and aesthetic improvements. However, they should probably be ignored because when addressing functional issues, to spend a small part of a budget on making important public spaces attractive to the masses who use them is quite sensible.

Was told On Wed, the official opening of the 3rd elevator to the walkway as well the east entrance will open on Monday October 24. Not sure if the bike rack room is to open since TTC has water issues there.

It seem TTC is having issues with the contractor Ellis-Don and what Contractor has not had issues with TTC during the construction phase. There needs to be house cleaning in all departments related to construction as these people are causing 10's of millions dollars in overrun and months if not years delays.

From what I saw back on Oct 08, next to no work had taken place in the last few months.

That June opening of the elevator and east entrance has taken an extra 4 months. Shorter than the Kipling entrance that open last weekend considering the last new date was Sept 05 and it was already 6-9 months behind schedule.

Over all, this expansion is worth it, as it would cost millions to put all the elevators in for this station as well fix it.

Based on the current design, TTC will get a new Condo/Apartment building built on its parking lot space for a good buck down the road.

Based on the current design, TTC will get a new Condo/Apartment building built on its parking lot space for a good buck down the road.

This should have happened already but hopefully sooner than later. There is a lot of potential for redevelopment on this block. I see the whole area across the street from the VP station parking lot all the way down to Danforth being redeveloped some day.

Back