Toronto Ontario Court of Justice Toronto | 95.7m | 17s | Infrastructure ON | Renzo Piano

I don't know why they keep using the same architect for every courthouse, where is the variation? Bureaucrats have no sense of aesthetic value.

It would be nice to see something relatively tall and "iconic" as this could create an interesting view terminus for York Street.

It likely won't top 6-7 storeys so I wouldn't worry about it mangling views of City Hall.
So i guess this guy is full of it and they'll just incorporate all those courthouses into a massive 6-7 storey bldg, we will see?

Stephen Mullings, vice president of the Toronto Lawyers Association, says the organization’s members are happy with the project, especially since it will amalgamate a lot of court spaces from across Toronto into a centralized location downtown. The size of the building, he adds, is reportedly quite considerable given suggestions it will be anywhere from 14 to 30 stories.
http://www.lawtimesnews.com/201506294784/headline-news/lawyers-happy-as-new-courthouse-moves-forward

If they’re already digging the hole for this, why is there no indication as to what’s going to be built? Don’t they have to provide a rendering, or at least some inkling of what’s going in there (like number of storeys and the architect/developer)?

If they’re already digging the hole for this, why is there no indication as to what’s going to be built? Don’t they have to provide a rendering, or at least some inkling of what’s going in there (like number of storeys and the architect/developer)?

I believe they're just doing an archaeological dig for now.

Oct 19:

armoury.jpg

Attachments

• armoury.jpg
    armoury.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,280
So i guess this guy is full of it and they'll just incorporate all those courthouses into a massive 6-7 storey bldg, we will see?

Stephen Mullings, vice president of the Toronto Lawyers Association, says the organization’s members are happy with the project, especially since it will amalgamate a lot of court spaces from across Toronto into a centralized location downtown. The size of the building, he adds, is reportedly quite considerable given suggestions it will be anywhere from 14 to 30 stories.
http://www.lawtimesnews.com/201506294784/headline-news/lawyers-happy-as-new-courthouse-moves-forward

Well, one must assume he is a lawyer given his title.

They have dug up an old artillery shell and have closed the streets and are warning people to stay away from the windows that overlook the site

Back