News   Apr 19, 2024
 225     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 514     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 859     3 

Near Future Renders

A friend used to work at a Mr Sub at Yonge and Finch. A few times a year he'd get Americans coming in and asking where the CN Tower was. They confused NYCC with downtown. Compared to most US cities NYCC is quite impressive.

A friend used to work at a Mr Sub at Yonge and Finch. A few times a year he'd get Americans coming in and asking where the CN Tower was. They confused NYCC with downtown. Compared to most US cities NYCC is quite impressive.

Yeah, the soon to start Hullmark, Emerald, and Gibson developments will sure add more flair and height to this already impressive skyline.

Just for fun I backed the clock up a few years for a comparison. So I have the Yorkville skyline circa 2000, today 2010 and approximately 2015.

(Tip: Just keep clicking the Next button to scroll back and forth through time.)

Attachments

• Yorkville circa 2000.jpg
    Yorkville circa 2000.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 517
  • dsc00978urbandreamer7oc C.jpg
    dsc00978urbandreamer7oc C.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 524
  • Yorkville Skyline 001 D peg.JPG
    Yorkville Skyline 001 D peg.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 566
great shots Traynor, even though there has been so much change already at Y&B/Yorkville, there is even more on the way, eh?

Holy crap, is 1BE going to be that dominant? It almost seems too high compared to the surrounding buildings.

Just for fun I backed the clock up a few years for a comparison. So I have the Yorkville skyline circa 2000, today 2010 and approximately 2015.

(Tip: Just keep clicking the Next button to scroll back and forth through time.)

Oh my god... i don't even wanna look at that first shot!!! jeez. a yorkville skyline comprised of 3 towers. epic fail! good thing it looks much bigger today.

haha! Yes. NYCC is a really interesting place. the same goes with Midtown (yonge/egg). both these hubs are hot spots for rapid growth. yet they're so close to the city (and run along the same streets!). And NYCC looks even larger because it extends for a huge strip along yonge. Maybe in 25 years, NYCC might even become apart of downtown! TORONTO MEGA CITY! almost like a Shanghai sorta thing. (traynor should do a panoramic render of NYCC, Yonge/Egg, and downtown... though, it's probably really hard to get an aerial shot like that!) :D

Oh my god... i don't even wanna look at that first shot!!! jeez. a yorkville skyline comprised of 3 towers. epic fail! good thing it looks much bigger today.

haha! Yes. NYCC is a really interesting place. the same goes with Midtown (yonge/egg). both these hubs are hot spots for rapid growth. yet they're so close to the city (and run along the same streets!). And NYCC looks even larger because it extends for a huge strip along yonge. Maybe in 25 years, NYCC might even become apart of downtown! TORONTO MEGA CITY! almost like a Shanghai sorta thing. (traynor should do a panoramic render of NYCC, Yonge/Egg, and downtown... though, it's probably really hard to get an aerial shot like that!) :D

Oh, Steveve, in 2000, I was around your age, and can still remember Toronto's then-miniscule skyline. Can you imagine what Toronto's skyline looked like for our parents' generation? But truly, a city is not defined by its condo towers and Toronto was still pretty rocking without them.

A while back, GO had an advertisement with a photograph from 1967 showing one of their first trains. In the background, the first tower of the TD Centre was starkly incredible: it rose out of the grey clutter of smaller buildings like the Monolith in that old movie 2001: A Space Odyssey.

A while back, GO had an advertisement with a photograph from 1967 showing one of their first trains. In the background, the first tower of the TD Centre was starkly incredible: it rose out of the grey clutter of smaller buildings like the Monolith in that old movie 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Old? 2001 was only 9 years ago!

Don't wanna go off topic here but it's kinda sad that a majority of our skyline is filled with condo towers (and we'll get even more in time), but then again, our skyline would suck even more without them.

Back in the day (2001 era), i wasn't yet interested with this sorta stuff.. it think the first tall skyscraper i really remember being built downtown was ROCP (2006 ish). things have definitely changed! :D

Back