Toronto Musée Condos | 53.95m | 17s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

^ Agreed. I thought it was established that this building would be 17 storeys for a while now?

Back in April 2013 Plaza's marketing shows their building renderings as 21 storeys, and their PH floor plans as being on the 24th floor -- they skip 13 and the levels with 4's, so it works out to be 21 storeys. See page 14 of this thread.
I don't know if that was ever changed in thier marketing materials, but I remembering hearing that the height was shortened to 17 storeys, the same number of floors as Oneeleven next door and that was at least a year or a year-and-a-half ago.

This marketing rendering sure looks 17 storey though:

urbantoronto-8698-29585.jpg

Attachments

• urbantoronto-8698-29585.jpg
    urbantoronto-8698-29585.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 1,158
Project at ground level.

Pic taken Mar 4, 2015

EJ3rKuL.jpg

Attachments

• EJ3rKuL.jpg
    EJ3rKuL.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 887
^ thats amazing. I live beside the Ten York project and they are still below grade and their construction started before Musee I think.

^ thats amazing. I live beside the Ten York project and they are still below grade and their construction started before Musee I think.

Ten York started two years after Musee, and they have had to excavate much deeper.

Ten York started two years after Musee, and they have had to excavate much deeper.

Oneeleven Bathurst started quite a while ago, with both Oneelevel and Musee sharing in a common excavation. The Musee side of the excavation activities actually only started in March 2014, beginning with the shoring, which only had to be done on three sides - the west side of the Musee excavation being the common side with Oneeleven. 10 York also started its shoring and excavation activities in mid-December 2015 - it would be safe to say that, in the grand scheme of things, 10 York started slightly before Musee.

Obviously site conditions are hugely different between the two projects, as is the depth of the excavation (which also increases the amount of time required for both the shoring as well as the excavation).

Last edited:
Looking back at my photo journal of the site, shoring started on oneeleven back in December 2013, with actual excavation starting late January 2014. The excavation of oneeleven took care of some of the early excavation of Musée's site on the west side, which made their excavation move quickly. Musée didn't start shoring until April 2014 with excavation starting soon after.

Anyone know if Musee is still aiming for a June 2016 completion date?

Most likely not.
Oneeleven's completion date was supposed to be October of this year, but will most likely be pushed back to early 2016.
Musée is twice the size of oneeleven and started 4 months after, so I would estimate it will be more like closer towards the end of 2016 at the earliest.

Back