638     0 

Mr. Sub vs. Subway

Which chain do you like better?

• Mr. Sub

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Subway

Votes: 25 64.1%

• Total voters
Mr. Sub for me only because of their secret sauce. But I must confess that the quality of their meat seems far less than that of Subway.

Quiznos is the best currently available IMO, too bad they've almost disappeared from the GTA.

But Potbelly, a chain that started in Chicago, is by far the best and is coming to Toronto. They're not as fast for in and out but the quality and taste are much better.

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2016/04/us_sub_chain_potbelly_sandwich_opening_in_toronto/

Signage just went up today. Their branding fits in well with the heritage building:

IMG_6871.JPG

IMG_6870.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6871.JPG
    IMG_6871.JPG
    752.4 KB · Views: 1,514
  • IMG_6870.JPG
    IMG_6870.JPG
    698.8 KB · Views: 1,475
Mr Sub quality been pretty terrible since the late 90's,I remember in my area before there were 5 Mr Subs now there are zero,two Subway is now near and the owners are pretty friendly compare to Mr Sub of the past.

Has the recent CBC Marketplace exposé about the chicken at Subway tested to be only 50% chicken by DNA, changed anyone's opinions on the chain?

I still remember when Mr. Sub was the sub sandwich place in Toronto. Then, all of a sudden, Subway seemed to come in and its popularity declined. I noticed Mr. Sub is now more common in the suburbs, but seems less common overall.

Which do you prefer and what was it about Subway that made it more favorable than Mr. Sub?
It's too bad this thread didn't have a poll!

I'm one for Subway. I'm a pretty simple guy and I like my simple footlong meatball marinara sub on whole wheat.

As a kid my Dad used to take me to Mr. Sub and it was the best sandwich I’d ever had. I continued to patron there as a teenager on my lunches going to high school. After Subway arrived in Canada I continued to eat Mr. Sub; however, I noticed more and more Subways popping up and less and less Mr. Subs so when I felt like a sub for lunch the only choice became was Subway so I tried it and over time I can see the clear difference with both franchises......

It’s THE BREAD!

Subway’s bread is softer and fresh tasting, where as Mr. Sub’s bread although it’s fresh has a dry almost stale like texture. I still eat Mr. Sub for patriotic reasons but in all honesty I enjoy Subway better and appreciate the effort they put in with their fresh bread and topping selection.

Back