542     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 904     3 

Montage and Neo Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
Construction Update 20060910 - Lots

Hey im just wondering if there is a possibility of a developer building any new 12-15 story buildings just north of Montage. S/W corner of Spadina and Front and along Front street over the Go train rails all the way to Bathurst St. it sure would look good with some commercial buisness,maybe even a new wide sidewalk.

I recall in the original renderings of Cityplace (when Concord Adex first released it), the plan showed 5 towers along Front Street, 4 east of Spadina (now the Matrix + Apex complex), and one west of Spadina ... I'll see if I can still find that picture

Hey im just wondering if there is a possibility of a developer building any new 12-15 story buildings just north of Montage. S/W corner of Spadina and Front and along Front street over the Go train rails all the way to Bathurst St. it sure would look good with some commercial buisness,maybe even a new wide sidewalk.

I recall in the original renderings of Cityplace (when Concord Adex first released it), the plan showed 5 towers along Front Street, 4 east of Spadina (now the Matrix + Apex complex), and one west of Spadina ... I'll see if I can still find that picture

just did it

:cool::cool:Just finished my PDI yesterday .. nice unit ..
2nd floor unit 633sq ft .incl balcony

Likes -
the finishes were nice
balcony size .
cityplace staff .
size of closets (from a male perspective)
stainless steel extras..

Dislikes -
bedroom size
bathroom size
the layout i think could have been better .. but its not terrible .. after all i do have a smaller unit.

the over all quality was good .. i think it was worth what i payed for it .. looking forward to moving in.. i do have pics just have to upload soon .. any questions just ask.

Congratulations, with your PDI. Did you happen to notice if the ceilings were smooth or the popcorn stuff? I heard that they are smooth, which I am surprised as most developers prefer the popcorn approach as it is cheaper and quicker, usually an upgrade.

Were you able to see any parts of the building other than your Unit?

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

:cool::cool:Just finished my PDI yesterday .. nice unit ..
2nd floor unit 633sq ft .incl balcony

Likes -
the finishes were nice
balcony size .
cityplace staff .
size of closets (from a male perspective)
stainless steel extras..

Dislikes -
bedroom size
bathroom size
the layout i think could have been better .. but its not terrible .. after all i do have a smaller unit.

the over all quality was good .. i think it was worth what i payed for it .. looking forward to moving in.. i do have pics just have to upload soon .. any questions just ask.

Did you notice the granite/marble counters and windows? My marble? bathroom counter had scratches everywhere but they refuse to change it. The windows had some sprayed paint on it and I ended up having to remove them myself. Better be careful of parking location too if you have one. I couldn't get mine changed.

Congratulations, with your PDI. Did you happen to notice if the ceilings were smooth or the popcorn stuff? I heard that they are smooth, which I am surprised as most developers prefer the popcorn approach as it is cheaper and quicker, usually an upgrade.

Were you able to see any parts of the building other than your Unit?

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

No it was smooth through out ..there was actually a small knick in my ceiling that they are fixing/repairing..
as for other parts they are not deemed "safe" so they did not walk me through ..i liked the lobby though

Did you notice the granite/marble counters and windows? My marble? bathroom counter had scratches everywhere but they refuse to change it. The windows had some sprayed paint on it and I ended up having to remove them myself. Better be careful of parking location too if you have one. I couldn't get mine changed.

no my counter tops were fine in both bathroom and kitchen ,, as for the paint on the windows it seemed fine i had some minor paint on my back splash which they said they would fix up .. there also were some minor alignment issues with my sliding door into the bedroom minor in nature .. but once again i noted it .. over all there was nothing really major ..

How did you manage to check your parking spot when Parking and Amenities are not ready yet ?

Just wondering how did u see the parking also how did u clean the windows as this is just a PDI not interm occupancy ??? are people living in this building already ,, ?? i did not think so

yea, I was at another building (west one). I was one of the late movers into the condo (and a good thing at that. I heard early movers were sept/oct. The building didn't close until july/august). They showed me the parking but I didn't take notice of it until much later. Next time I buy a condo I will look for where it's location. There were problems with it. (pipe burst and dirty/wet the area. now rust stains on the wall. Too close to fan so it's dusty and noisy)

here are the pdi pics

here are pics of my pdi enjoy !! any questions just ask

Total sq footage is 633

Attachments

• CONDO-PICS 001.jpg
    CONDO-PICS 001.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 720
  • CONDO-PICS 002.jpg
    CONDO-PICS 002.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 678
  • CONDO-PICS 003.jpg
    CONDO-PICS 003.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 662
  • CONDO-PICS 004.jpg
    CONDO-PICS 004.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 643
  • CONDO-PICS 005.jpg
    CONDO-PICS 005.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 646
  • CONDO-PICS 006.jpg
    CONDO-PICS 006.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 666
  • CONDO-PICS 007.jpg
    CONDO-PICS 007.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 691
  • CONDO-PICS 008.jpg
    CONDO-PICS 008.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 744
  • CONDO-PICS 011.jpg
    CONDO-PICS 011.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 711
  • CONDO-PICS 012.jpg
    CONDO-PICS 012.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 685
I saw some red dots there. Just to note, unless they're like visible cracks and stuff, chances they won't do anything about it. Also, does your screen door in the balcony lock? mine doesn't. I told them to fix it and they just hammered a bit here and there and said it's fixed. Still doesn't lock. I suppose it's not a big issue depending if you are picky. But during the winter, the screen door blows up. It's pretty windy in the higher floors. Also see if your glass cracks during the winter too. You need to live through it to test out these problems. One of the top glass panels cracked on mine after a snow storm.

Back