News   Apr 23, 2024
 287     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 871     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 487     0 

Monopoly Canada Edition

I'd actually be interested in seeing what would happen if Toronto didn't get enough votes. Seriously, would Hasbro really make a Monopoly Canada board without the country's largest city (or Montreal, or Vancouver) on it?

This is idiotic. I'm looking at this site and it's very unclear how votes are tabulated or compared. What does the percentage mean next to the city? The percentage of the total vote they have? The percentage of citizens from that city that have voted? Is it done as a raw total or a percentage of the population?

If it's raw totals, how could a city like Yellowknife or Chatham compete against larger cities...the sheer numbers of big cities would make it unfair. And if it's based on percentage, then smaller cities would have an unfair advantage, as it's much easier to rally a few hundred people than a few hundred thousand, no matter what the comparable city sizes are.

I know this is simply a marketing ploy, but these city vs. city competitions never work when it's based on voting like this.

This is idiotic. I'm looking at this site and it's very unclear how votes are tabulated or compared. What does the percentage mean next to the city? The percentage of the total vote they have? The percentage of citizens from that city that have voted? Is it done as a raw total or a percentage of the population?

If it's raw totals, how could a city like Yellowknife or Chatham compete against larger cities...the sheer numbers of big cities would make it unfair. And if it's based on percentage, then smaller cities would have an unfair advantage, as it's much easier to rally a few hundred people than a few hundred thousand, no matter what the comparable city sizes are.

I know this is simply a marketing ploy, but these city vs. city competitions never work when it's based on voting like this.

A smaller city can do well if they have a good campaign behind them... look at the world monopoly board

board.jpg

It's just based of the sheer number of votes, and you can vote for the same city over and over again (though only once per day). People in the smaller cities clearly just don't have very much to do, so they can afford the time to incessantly vote on this site.

I like to think that we have better things to do 'round here; though I still threw a vote down for Toronto.

Also, that Monopoly World Edition is hilarious. I mean seriously, Riga as Park Place? I remember when the voting for that was going on; I believe several "Internet armies" rallied together to vote for the most unlikely/ironic cities that they could... explains how Montreal won that, haha.

Last edited:
I find it hilarious that the only Polish city to get on the board was Gdynia. Not even Gdasnk, but Gdynia. Really!?! Not the capital, Warsaw, or the historic capital of Krakow. Just goes to show how meaningless these votes are.

Wow..us cannucks have a lot of pull in Monopoly eh?

a 1.3+ Billion countrys vs a measily 33 Million+ and we get equal representation.

what a bunch of internet geeks we are! lol

Isn't Gdynia where the cruise liners land?

I can't say for sure. I've never been to any of them (there's three cities: Gdansk, Gdynia and Sopot), but Gdansk is definitely the biggest and the one with the long history (e.g. under German rule as Danzig).

Back