Toronto Monde | 149.95m | 44s | Great Gulf | Moshe Safdie

Coming soon.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    612.9 KB · Views: 3,249
Yesterday. Still no action. Held up by Bonnycastle Street being torn up?

DSC01503.jpg
DSC01514.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01503.jpg
    DSC01503.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 2,607
  • DSC01514.jpg
    DSC01514.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 2,609
August 2, 2015:

I noticed a backhoe and tractor parked on the Monde site this morning. Could it be that they will actually be breaking ground next week, or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

I can't wait to see some real activity on this site. Aqualina across the street is well underway.

Those parking lots in front of George Brown's campus are annoying to look at.

I'm hoping that once this area takes off and gains some critical mass of population/foot traffic, they'll put in some midrise with retail at the base (at the very least), and put the parking underground.

I'm hoping that once this area takes off and gains some critical mass of population/foot traffic, they'll put in some midrise with retail at the base (at the very least), and put the parking underground.

Isn't that the plan right now? I was under the impression that Bonnycastle and Queen's Quay streets were both going to be lined with retail.

August 2, 2015:

I noticed a backhoe and tractor parked on the Monde site this morning. Could it be that they will actually be breaking ground next week, or is that just wishful thinking on my part?
Your shots hint that Bonnycastle may be repaved now, and we had been speculating that the rebuild of that street may have been causing the Monde delay…

Those parking lots in front of George Brown's campus are annoying to look at.

Even George Brown itself is annoying to look at. I'm really not impressed at all with any of the architecture in this area. This is another Queens Quay West in the making.

I'm still waiting for the iconic buildings that were promised. Sadly, I'm pretty sure they are not coming, from what I've seen so far.

IMG_1235.JPG
I strolled by today and saw an excavator, its mini-me and some drilling cylinders (not sure what they're called) that weren't there last week. A couple porta-potties were also dropped in. Baby steps, but I think it's finally going to get under way!

Attachments

• IMG_1235.JPG
    IMG_1235.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,317
Last edited:
There was a full house of equipment on site today. Not sure what sort of prep is going on though.

IMG_1325 (2).jpg
IMG_1326 (2).jpg
IMG_1332 (2).jpg
IMG_1342 (2).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1325 (2).jpg
    IMG_1325 (2).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 738
  • IMG_1326 (2).jpg
    IMG_1326 (2).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 781
  • IMG_1332 (2).jpg