News   Mar 28, 2024
 936     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 536     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 831     0 

miWay Transit

They are planning to (sort of) connect the two Britannias together. Also they still need to finish Ridgeway Dr, Drew Rd and Argentia Rd. Otherwise I don't see what other gaps there are?
Ridgeway Drive has been bridged over the 403 for a few years now.

The connection for Britannia hasn't showed up in the city's budget for awhile now, the Creekbank extension over the 401 was mused about for a few consecutive budgets, however it seems to have been quietly dropped as well.

In early 2007, before the introduction of 110 University and the subsequent truncation of 48 Erin Mills south of South Common, 48 Erin Mills had an average of 3,606 boardings per weekday while 13 Glen Erin had 4,410 boardings per weekday. That means Erin Mills and Glen Erin has over 8,000 riders combined. I think that is plenty of ridership. After the 48 was eliminated south of South Common, it lost more than half its ridership. I think MT should bring that back the old 13/31/48 configuration because it worked. The ridership was much higher than the current 13/29/110 configuration.

http://dmg.utoronto.ca/pdf/tts/2006/validation2006.pdf#40

They are planning to (sort of) connect the two Britannias together. Also they still need to finish Ridgeway Dr, Drew Rd and Argentia Rd. Otherwise I don't see what other gaps there are?

Distances, btw grid streets in urban areas are rarely more than 2km apart, grid streets meaning major arterials that carry transit routes and likely 4 lanes of traffic or greater.

Even Scarborough, N-S is based on 1km grid streets, while the E-W ones are 2km apart on average.

In Missisauga, I see the distance along Lakeshore btw Hurontario and Southdown is almost 6km. That seems a very large gap w/several streets that are arterials in the north, not coming all the way south. Yes I get the Credit River Valley is in the way, but I'm not sure that's a legit excuse for not extending one major road straight through.

I also see in the E-W system that the distance btw Eglinton and Brittania is 3km, also a really large gap.

Distances, btw grid streets in urban areas are rarely more than 2km apart, grid streets meaning major arterials that carry transit routes and likely 4 lanes of traffic or greater.

Even Scarborough, N-S is based on 1km grid streets, while the E-W ones are 2km apart on average.

In Missisauga, I see the distance along Lakeshore btw Hurontario and Southdown is almost 6km. That seems a very large gap w/several streets that are arterials in the north, not coming all the way south. Yes I get the Credit River Valley is in the way, but I'm not sure that's a legit excuse for not extending one major road straight through.

I also see in the E-W system that the distance btw Eglinton and Brittania is 3km, also a really large gap.
I said years ago that 60% of Mississauga needs to be torn down and rebuilt to get a true road system in place as well building density.

The area south of the QEW was there long before Mississauga came into existent with only 1 e-w road and it needs 2 as well including the south service Rd.

The Queensway stop short of the river because of the opposition from the golf course when it was being built, but the city is now looking at taking it all the way to Winston Churchill.

Britannia is dead for reconnection at the 410 area.

No n-s roads south of the QEW between Mississauga Rd and Southdown. Forget about putting transit on Mississauga Rd south of Burnhamthorpe due to the stroller and upper class folks who live on it.

Transit should be on Tenth Line and using the Ridgeway bridge to Dundas, but was removed years ago from plans.

Transit should be on Tenth Line and using the Ridgeway bridge to Dundas, but was removed years ago from plans.

Was there a plan to connect Tenth Line and Ridgeway together as one street? It appears that way the way Tenth Line swings west off its original course north of Eglinton.

Erin Mills TC: redoing the bus shelters, etc.
IMG_20150604_210846_zps48jan2mk.jpg

Seniors will ride MiWay for $1 in six-month pilot

http://www.mississau...ix-month-pilot/

MT will not loose the millions as claim.

1352 is supposed to be back in service by year end after getting a new front frame.

I requested at budget meeting today that an extra 3% to be put into MT budget due in Nov/Dec this that will allow the system to start changing the model split of 11% to 22% by 2020, not the 2049 time frame. This extra funding will allow 7x24 on no less than 7 routes with all Sunday service up and running by 8 am. Also, other than a few routes, max headway is 30 minutes 7 days a week with trunk lines having max 15 minute at all time.

The one killer for things is the density issue and it needs to be spread right across the city, not a few places. This is the killer for quality of service, let alone the lack of any grid road system in the city.

Going by Erin Mills station today, It looks like it will/could open late this year, but most likely when the other 2 come on line in Jan 2016. Those stations will cost $250,000 to maintain them yearly at this time.

From what I understand, Council was happy with last Sunday Open House and like to see more. Wasn't there as I was doing UPX.

Can you answer my question Drum? :)
No I can't not, as I don't know.

Next time I am talking to the Commissioner I will ask if I remember at the time.

Brampton Transit and Miway are launching Route 185 in September - a rush-hour only express bus between Dixie Transitway Station and Bramalea (City Centre) Terminal. It's short of the planned MT route 105, which was supposed to operate between BCC and Dixie Mall, but it's a start.

Interestingly, it's a jointly-operated route, much like how Brampton Transit and Vaughan Transit/YRT operated the 77 between Bramalea and Finch Station for many years.

Other schedule changes - and the full schedule for the 185 - will be posted August 21.

http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/miway/dixieexpress

MiWay-Dixie-Express-Map-440x740.png

Attachments

• MiWay-Dixie-Express-Map-440x740.png
    MiWay-Dixie-Express-Map-440x740.png
    289.2 KB · Views: 674
With Miway and Brampton operating the route, I hope their fare integration rules are relaxed a little bit and passes can be used on either a miway or Brampton bus on the 185. It would suck if a Brampton resident couldn't use their pass on a Miway 185 bus at Bramalea City Centre.

With Miway and Brampton operating the route, I hope their fare integration rules are relaxed a little bit and passes can be used on either a miway or Brampton bus on the 185. It would suck if a Brampton resident couldn't use their pass on a Miway 185 bus at Bramalea City Centre.
The fare information is available in the link ShonTron provided, the properties will continue to not accept eachother's passes unfortunately.

Back