Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

if I am right on my two "I thoughts", it is a long way from being the equivalent to closing the DVP for RFH.

Yeah well this is the best you can expect from Mississauga. There is no way they would close the 403 for a cycling event. Cars are too important to be inconvenienced in the name of funding cancer research.

it is acutally a very good use of the space if it is already closed and I wonder if, regionally, it could be used as a compromise solution for all the walks/rides/runs that raise good money for good causes but face some opposition when they "snarl the city"?

- Ride for Heart has about 15,000 cyclists. There is no way that just one lane on the transitway could handle that many people compared to the 3 lanes on the DVP.
- The scenery is not nearly as interesting. For the most part Mississauga is not a beautiful city.
- At some point the cyclists/runners have to get off the transitway and onto local roads, so there may still be some road closures.
- The air quality around the transitway is not the best due to nearby highways and arterials.
- Mississauga is not easy to get to compared to central Toronto. I got up at 5:30 am to make it on time to that cycling event. The commute was 2 hours via bike (still faster than transit). However almost everyone else would drive to get there, so for huge events like Ride for Heart that would be a traffic nightmare if everyone took the car.

Yeah well this is the best you can expect from Mississauga. There is no way they would close the 403 for a cycling event. Cars are too important to be inconvenienced in the name of cancer research.

Well, that isn't really Mississauga's decision to make. The Gardiner and DVP can be closed for events because the city calls the shots. The 403 isn't Mississauga's highway. It would be up to the Province.

Well, that isn't really Mississauga's decision to make. The Gardiner and DVP can be closed for events because the city calls the shots. The 403 isn't Mississauga's highway. It would be up to the Province.

Good point, but who owns the transitway?

Yeah well this is the best you can expect from Mississauga. There is no way they would close the 403 for a cycling event. Cars are too important to be inconvenienced in the name of funding cancer research.

Wouldn't criticism be more fairly levelled at the province....not sure Mississauga has the power to close the 403 ;)

- Ride for Heart has about 15,000 cyclists. There is no way that just one lane on the transitway could handle that many people compared to the 3 lanes on the DVP.
- The scenery is not nearly as interesting. For the most part Mississauga is not a beautiful city.
- At some point the cyclists/runners have to get off the transitway and onto local roads, so there may still be some road closures.
- The air quality around the transitway is not the best due to nearby highways and arterials.
- Mississauga is not easy to get to compared to central Toronto. I got up at 5:30 am to make it on time to that cycling event. The commute was 2 hours via bike (still faster than transit). However almost everyone else would drive to get there, so for huge events like Ride for Heart that would be a traffic nightmare if everyone took the car.

I was not, specifically, talking about ride for heart....but Mr. Tory has said that he is (paraphrasing) going to a "one weekend, one road closing event" situation.....so if there was a smaller event on the same weekend as Ride for Heart then they might be advised to look at this very good piece of infrastructure that is already closed on Sundays anyway.

As of Jan 4, 2016, Tahoe and Etobicoke Stations go live with the new schedule for Jan being roll out system wide. A lot earlier than the last info I was given.

If for any reasons there is a delay, buses will be on detour until it can open.

100 will not see service until 2017 or when 100% of this Transitway is ready and opening including the Winston Churchill Station.

Cancer research is a big scam. The drug companies are raking in billions in research dollars and do nothing but produce more useless chemo drugs. I can't believe society is still duped into donating money.

Here's something interesting:

Oct 10
The Tahoe station is 98% complete with only some flashing miss for it.

Etobicoke Creek station is about 50% complete. Going to be tight to be ready for Jan 4, 2016 opening.

You can get up close to the station now the construction fencing has been replace with permanent fencing, railing and concrete walls for both stations. All the roadway has final pavement down including the new Eglinton entrace/exit. Traffic lights still needs to be install.

Commencer bridge is going to be late opening.

I guess the reason why the road is at the surface area is for emergency reason if Renforth Station has problem as well putting Spectrum and Orbitor into service mid 2016.

There is 170 photos up on site from Tahoe to Renforth
22081407015_e6f435e32a_b.jpg

22081416035_90869bb242_b.jpg

21893518828_4a99ef7c8e_b.jpg

21893249930_ed71356ff5_b.jpg

21460330833_e2fb5008a2_b.jpg

21458648654_d807b9d9dc_b.jpg

22055335706_3995e2f282_b.jpg

21893328940_1846395b7b_b.jpg

21894628179_00f4aa90c8_b.jpg

21458698684_31d6ce179b_b.jpg

21458714224_5eb3af840b_b.jpg

21894666699_01bd773b9e_b.jpg

22069120322_48d4de2c80_b.jpg

21893407640_c56dc79136_b.jpg

22081620205_13593878dc_b.jpg

There is a Tour of the Transitway plan for Monday Nov 9 injunction to Mississauga Move2015 Transit Summit meeting being held at the Living Art Centre from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.

Not many spaces left for both events.

http://www.mississaugamoves2015.ca

So can anyone speak to how buses operate at Erin Mills? It seems to me that they use the Erin Mills/403 interchange to access the station. Do they use the rapidway at all, or is it more like a pull-in/pull-out like a carpool lot?

So can anyone speak to how buses operate at Erin Mills? It seems to me that they use the Erin Mills/403 interchange to access the station. Do they use the rapidway at all, or is it more like a pull-in/pull-out like a carpool lot?
yup thats pretty much it. At Present they use the 403 shoulder lanes to bypass traffic between erin mills and city centre and use the 403 on off ramps to get to /from erin mills. at least that what he (47j?)GO bus i was using did.

edit: rapidway to winston churchhill was not yet open at the time and IIRC still isnt so they will use in the future but not yet.

Back