News   Mar 18, 2024
 545     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 723     0 

Mississauga (non-mall) Retail

Retail insider is reporting that Seafood City, a US-based Filipino grocery chain, is coming to the Heartland Centre.

I posted that back in June 2015 :p

Seafood City Supermartket is coming to the former Rona location at Heartland. Fencing has gone up around the entire property. Looks like some demolition will be taking place judging by the extent of the fencing.

They've been working on it for almost a year now. The former Rona was cut in half and some additions were added to it for the shipping/receiving area. It's been pretty cool seeing them adapt the existing building.

I'm surprised three No Frills lasted so long in such close proximity. (Britannia, Bristol, Burnhamthorpe)

I would have thought they would have closed the store at Bristol instead, considering it's smaller and located at a minor intersection.

I'm very surprised they closed both of them. You'd think there would be a customer base for at least one store in that area.

Creditview and Britannia No Frills still open. Pretty sure Creditview and Burnhamthorpe is still open as well. Creditview and Bristol has had it's sign taken down and the facade painted so there's no trace that it was ever there anymore, besides being an empty shell.

No Frills has close their Fieldgate store. It was a small store in the first place as well the only store within walking distance of the area that now require 2 bus rides to get to one either at Dixie and Dundas or Dixie & Rathburn

No Frills has close their Fieldgate store. It was a small store in the first place as well the only store within walking distance of the area that now require 2 bus rides to get to one either at Dixie and Dundas or Dixie & Rathburn

Or one bus to the Weston-owned Value Mart on Bloor west of Dixie. There is also Grant's Food Mart (owned by Ocean's) about an 800m walk from the recently closed No Frill's.

It's possible the the close No Frills stores are been upgraded as well getting a new coat if paint on the outside.

I have seen a number of No Frills within Toronto that have been given a total makeover with new exterior paint job as well a new style. From the distance, the inside has been upgrade also.

The Eglinton & Kennedy store would match Bristol size and the King St W would match Fieldgate size.

One of the new buildings going up on Dundas, in front of the Costco/Walmart collection of box stores will be a Crabby Joe's. The other one doesn't seem to have any signange but it looks an awfully lot like a typical Boston Pizza. If true, Crabby Joe's-East Side Mario's-Boston Pizza is a pretty generic mix of chain restaurants along Dundas but, in an area so filled with international foods and independent restaurants, perhaps that makes them stand out from the crowd.

A number of the storefronts at the new Trintity Development on Lakeshore, east of Port Credit, now have signage in the windows. Some of the stores include Coffee Culture, Great Clips, OrangeTheory Fitness, Petsmart, Sunset Grill, Bank of Montreal and M&M. While an InSauga article claimed Walmart might pull out they are still listed as a tenant on the website.

Second winners opening in Heartland town centre on North west corner of Mavis and Britannia. They will retain two locations in the town centre. Sephora opening opening on the North East Corner near Reitmans.

Back