News   Mar 18, 2024
 688     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 759     0 

Mississauga (non-mall) Retail

Talked with a staff member at PAT, the Korean grocery store on Dundas East. They have purchased the building just to the west and are currently in the process of connecting the two buildings so they can almost double the size of the store. They are gearing up for the eventual competition from Galleria when it opens.

Heartland Town Centre adding in 2016
GoodLife fitness
Seafood City Supermarket
Solutions(relocating in town centre)
Costco Gas Station
Costco expansion

Recently added
Ashley furniture
5 electic charge stations

South on Mavis Rd at Bristol.
Lowes construction nearly completed
Should open early 2016.

Mentioned this in the Sears Canada thread but it also pertains to Mississauga retail but the outlet store at Dixie Mall is set to close March 6th

Talked with a staff member at PAT, the Korean grocery store on Dundas East. They have purchased the building just to the west and are currently in the process of connecting the two buildings so they can almost double the size of the store. They are gearing up for the eventual competition from Galleria when it opens.

I wonder if the Galleria on Dundas site past Dixie is ever going to open - it's taking its' sweet time, and have weird antics like crowdfunding for the project.

AoD

Yeah, it's dying a slow death - the rejigging/big-boxification of the anchor retail/services the awkwardness of the remaining space and move of the Catholic school away from the block killed it. Frankly they should redevelop and densify the site.

AoD
Isn't the Winston Churchill station of the Transitway going to replace South Common as a terminal? There will be no reason for the mall to exist after that

Will South Common Mall Die now as well seeing Walmart moving to Erin Mills Centre??

Walmart will open a 135,000 sq foot store where Target was at Erin Mills Centre this year. Will that mean the South Common Store stay or close since the 2 stores are so close to each other??

As far as I known, MT buses will still use the current terminal at South Common Mall. It would screw up a number of routes moving to the Transitway Station.

Solution has relocated from the north-west plaza to the south-east plaza at Mavis and Britannia.

The south-east plaza at Mavis and Britannia has been playing the music chairs with a number of stores in different location now.

As for the Galleria on Dundas, it going to be sometime before it gets built or not. With close to 200 store going in there, it will take a lot of buyer to buy in even with the small stores been plan there.

The big box on the south side are moving along with an East side Mario there now.

Last edited:
Lowes has finally opened on Mavis Rd. Will be interesting to see who else sets up shop there. Three more buildings to be built...

The No Frills at Bristol and Creditview suddenly closed down. Wonder what they might put considering we have tons of chain retail in Mississauga..

I used to work at that No Frills when I was in high school. I do not miss that shit hole. I had to go there when the debit/credit was down at the Creditview/Britannia location and I was reminded just how gross that place is (was).

Back