News   Mar 18, 2024
 750     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 770     0 

Mississauga (non-mall) Retail

The Subway Store can't open until it gets approval from the Committee of Adjustment on Dec 11 since it less than 60m from residential area.

Kind of funny for this since Pizza Pizza is a few doors from them.

Pass by Popeyes a few days ago and no one working in there. Most of the remodeling is done.

International Clothier is closing their Heartland location.

I am sure the owner of the plaza would like to expand it, but due to lack of parking under City standards they can't. Another area that the city needs to do is reduce the parking requirement for places like this.

Don't know if I agree with you. The lot is already very crowded, especially towards the north end. Adding more stores while also removing existing parking to do so will make the problem worse. If they want to expand, I would rather see it separated from the man plaza and towards the corner of Central Parkway and Mississauga Valley. That is the one parking area that is generally quieter. Perhaps a small pad with a couple of fast food outlets?

I should note they are getting ready for the next phase of expanding the new plaza over on Dundas by Dixie and will have another road connecting to Dundas at the current lights where Harvey's is.

Much needed. It is often very backed up on Dundas to get into the plaza and even worse trying to get out onto Dundas.

I don't even know anyone who goes to Baton Rouge, either here while it was here, or downtown for that matter. I've never been to either actually so maybe I'm biased.

Was up at Westwood Mall for the first time in years and did a quick look see. Basic Food has been kick out as the owner think they can get more return per sq foot with other retail than one of the original anchor store. Dollorama has taken over part of the north end of Basic store and the rest is empty.

The plaza/mall had about 100 store in poor shape when I was last in it. Today it will hold 260 stores based on the Asia style small stores. Still dead with most people going to Walmart next door and the so call mall stores are still under construction.

Subway at Iona Plaza has finally open. Has seating for 12 people. It was busy as I past it yesterday.

Subway at Sq One has relocated to the food court and took haft the time of Iona Plaza.

Subway at Lakeshore & Hurontario has close considering it was the first retail to open in that building.

Seafood City Supermartket is coming to the former Rona location at Heartland. Fencing has gone up around the entire property. Looks like some demolition will be taking place judging by the extent of the fencing.

South Common Mall is back to being empty. A number of places are close on top of the ones before.

I believe it was Cassey who setup in the mall and they are now gone.

I am rarely there in the first place and stop off at No Frills on the way home.

South Common Mall is back to being empty. A number of places are close on top of the ones before.
I believe it was Cassey who setup in the mall and they are now gone.
I am rarely there in the first place and stop off at No Frills on the way home.

Yeah, it's dying a slow death - the rejigging/big-boxification of the anchor retail/services the awkwardness of the remaining space and move of the Catholic school away from the block killed it. Frankly they should redevelop and densify the site.

AoD

Back