Toronto Minto Yorkville Park Condos | 75.89m | 25s | Minto Group | IBI Group

http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toro...pdf/C/C of A TEY Agenda March 25, 2015 PM.pdf
4. 94 CUMBERLAND ST
File Number: A0062/15TEY Zoning CR T6.0 C4.5 R6.0 & Site
Specific By-law 523-2012 (ZZC)
Ward: Toronto Centre-Rosedale (27)
Property Address: 94 CUMBERLAND ST Community: Toronto
Legal Description: PLAN 69 LOT 6 PLAN 46 PT LOT 4 PLAN 70 LOTS 12, 14 & PT LOT 10

PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To modify the redevelopment plan for the 22-storey mixed-use building approved under Site Specific By-law
523-2012 and OMB Decision PL120514 by constructing a 25-storey mixed-use building, increasing the
maximum permitted residential gross floor area, amending the parking rates for residential and visitor parking
spaces, as well as amending the building envelope and heights on Map 2 attached to By-law 523-2012.

REQUESTED VARIANCE(S) TO THE ZONING BY-LAW:

1. Section 4(b)(i), Site Specific By-law 523-2012
The maximum permitted residential gross floor area on the lot is 14,590 m².
The residential gross floor area on the lot will be 15,724 m².

2. Section 4(d), Site Specific By-law 523-2012
No portion of any building or structure erected or used on the lot, including the elements provided for in
Section 4(2)(a)(i), shall exceed the height limits shown in metres and indicated by the numbers
following the letter "H" in the areas delineated by heavy lines on Map 2.
In this case, the mechanical penthouse, elevator overrun, and staircases will exceed the maximum
permitted heights by 5.4 m and having a maximum area of 17% of roof area, and being no closer than
4.7 m from all sides of the main building exterior walls, as indicated on the attached Revised Map 2.

3. Section 4(e), Site Specific By-law 523-2012
Residential parking on the lot shall be provided at a rate of 0.3 spaces per bachelor dwelling unit,
0.5 spaces per one bedroom dwelling unit, 0.75 spaces per two bedroom dwelling unit, and 1.2 spaces
per three bedroom dwelling unit, for a total of 126 parking spaces for the residents and 12 parking
spaces for the visitors.
Visitor parking spaces shall be provided at a rate of 0.06 spaces per dwelling unit.
In this case, all residential parking spaces will be provided at a rate of 0.43 spaces per dwelling unit, for
a total of 79 parking spaces plus an additional 9 "obstructed" parking spaces, and there will be 0 visitor
parking spaces provided on the lot.

4. Section 2(1), Site Specific By-law 523-2012
A parking space is required to be readily accessible at all times for the parking and removal of a motor
vehicle without the necessity of moving another motor vehicle.
In this case, nine parking spaces at levels P2, P3 and P4 will be obstructed by another parking space.

5. Section 4(c), Site Specific By-law 523-2012
No portion of any building or structure on the lot erected or used above grade shall be located other than
wholly within the areas delineated by heavy lines on Map 2 of By-law 523-2012.
In this case, the building will be located wholly within the areas delineated by heavy lines on the
attached Revised Map 2 of By-law 523-2012.

6. Section 4(c)(ii), Site Specific By-law 523-2012
Balconies may project beyond the heavy lines of Map 2 of By-law 523-2012 provided they are located
wholly within the shaded hatched area delineated on Map 2, save and except that within the shaded
hatched area delineated on Map 2, no balconies are permitted above the 18th storey of the building.
In this case, the balconies will project as delineated by the shaded areas on the attached Revised Map 2.

7. Section 4(d)(ii), Site Specific By-law 523-2012
Parapets and ornamental elements may extend up to 1.2 m above the heights in metres as shown on
Map 2 of By-law 523-2013.
In this case, parapets and ornamental elements will extend 2.1 m above the heights shown on the
attached revised Map 2.

8. Section 4(12), By-law 438-86
A minimum of 2.0 m² of outdoor residential amenity space shall be provided for each dwelling unit
located on the lot.
In this case, 1.9 m² of outdoor residential amenity space shall be provided for each dwelling unit located
on the lot.

This morning:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4287.jpg
    IMG_4287.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 1,555
  • IMG_4288.jpg
    IMG_4288.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 1,518
There's probably a better thread for this, but anyone have the numbers on what the net balance has been in terms of office space being built or lost in the broader Bloor-Yorkville area?

From the top of my head, in terms of new or repurposed office space that's been built, or is currently planned, we have:

1-9 Sultan St - 150,000 sq ft
Casa 3 - 100,000 sq ft
Elementary Teachers Federation building on Huntley - 90,000 sq ft
50 Bloor West - 85,000 sq ft (per the planing docs from 2012, anyways: here)
135 Yorkville - 50,000 sq ft
17 Prince Arthur - 20,000 sq ft
114-120 Scollard St - Guesstimating around 10-15,000 sq ft
77 Bloor St West (converting 2 mechanical floors into office space) - Guesstimating around 3-5,000 sq ft
888 Yonge (not entirely sure if it's fair to count it though, as it was a conversion from MTV studio space to an IT company office) - 40,000 sq ft

For a total somewhere around the 500k sq ft mark.

While we're losing:

88 Cumberland St
10 St Mary (the building may be retained, but it's looking to be going residential)
80 Bloor St West

I don't have the square footage of the buildings that we're set to lose as office space, but it seems the trend in the area has been to move away from larger office buildings, for office space that's either more boutique, specific to the needs of the tenants, or outright owned by them.

If someone can share what the net +/- is though, I'd definitely be curious.

Last edited:
There's probably a better thread for this, but anyone have the numbers on what the net balance has been in terms of office space being built or lost in the broader Bloor-Yorkville area?

I don't have the square footage of the buildings that we're set to lose as office space, but it seems the trend in the area has been to move away from larger office buildings, for office space that's either more boutique, specific to the needs of the tenants, or outright owned by them.

Many thanks for compiling that list. Yorkville and Yonge/Bloor feels like it has a healthy mix of commercial, residential, and retail. Maintaining the office space relative to all the added residential will be important going forward. As the nexus of the two subway lines, I'm surprised we haven't seen an office building here in this boom. Just one more building to ensure that vitality it currently has, please.

From the top of my head, in terms of new or repurposed office space that's been built, or is currently planned, we have:

1-9 Sultan St - 150,000 sq ft
Casa 3 - 150,000 sq ft
Elementary Teachers Federation building on Huntley - 90,000 sq ft
50 Bloor West - 85,000 sq ft (per the planing docs from 2012, anyways: here)
135 Yorkville - 50,000 sq ft
17 Prince Arthur - 20,000 sq ft
114-120 Scollard St - Guesstimating around 10-15,000 sq ft
77 Bloor St West (converting 2 mechanical floors into office space) - Guesstimating around 3-5,000 sq ft
888 Yonge (not entirely sure if it's fair to count it though, as it was a conversion from MTV studio space to an IT company office - 40,000 sq ft

For a total somewhere around the 500-550k sq ft mark/

While we're losing:

88 Cumberland St
10 St Mary (the building may be retained, but it's looking to be going residential)
80 Bloor St West

Seems you have most of it covered ! Oh and consider manulife who leased out a bunch of space, after rebuilding some of their office to be much more dense ... which this doesn't add or take away any office space it increases density, which has the same effect => more employees in the area.

Back