Toronto Minto Westside | 68.88m | 20s | Minto Group | Wallman Architects

DSC01885.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01885.jpg
    DSC01885.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 2,591
Out of the 4 buildings that make up this site, looks like only 1 is for sale at this time (the southeast building abutting Tridel Reve) and sales aren't that hot, I wasn't surprised given the obstructions to the north/east/west makes it less desirable ... 1st building (southeast) is 18 storeys, 2nd building (southwest) is 20 storeys ... retail space at corner of Bathurst and Front will be approximately 30,000 SF, 'potential' grocery store remains unconfirmed given retailers aren't comfortable enough with the long build-out schedule for the project

Anyhow .... here's a picture of the scaled model I found that shows the northeast face of the first 2 buildings ... note blank wall with poster shown in foreground where future phase 3+4 will join up to

616__XOO6891.jpg

http://www.minto.com/gta/new-condos...nts-coalesces-at-Minto-Westside~1444_616.html

Demolition of another of the pre-existing structures on the Minto Westside (Front and Front Streets) is now underway - the building that, if I recall correctly used to house the motorcycle dealership, on the south east corner of the site , near Reve, is being taken down.

I really wish they would have restored that warehouse and integrated it with this development.

Agreed. I wish the city had the creativity and nuance to be able to encourage the restoration and repurposing of buildings like that one in exchange for leniency on other variables like height and density.

Agreed. I wish the city had the creativity and nuance to be able to encourage the restoration and repurposing of buildings like that one in exchange for leniency on other variables like height and density.

I don't think that's fair. Planning in this city has shown to be quite creative and nuanced. I don't find height and density bonusing having the same cachet in Toronto compared to other cities with, for example, DC zoning. Regardless, it wouldn't preserve this building unless you went well above typical bonusing which wouldn't be smart. Not everything can be retained although adma would surely disagree.

Back