News   Apr 25, 2024
 70     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Metrolinx: Sheppard East LRT (In Design)

When there's a separated ROW, you can't turn left except when you get a green light from the turn signal.
Then it will also need to account for the amount of left turn traffic at the intersection. If the left-turn lane regularly overflows onto the through lanes, it makes for good reason to have left turn signal ahead of the regular green.

This is my interpretation of the Shepppard East LRT from Don Mills Station to Rouge Hill GO Station with a branch to the Toronto Zoo.
I aped the design of the Metrolinx Hurontario and Finch plans to make it look as official as possible lol.
vEW6i7z.png

This is my interpretation of the Shepppard East LRT from Don Mills Station to Rouge Hill GO Station with a branch to the Toronto Zoo.
I aped the design of the Metrolinx Hurontario and Finch plans to make it look as official as possible lol.
vEW6i7z.png
"Baby Pandas" :cool:

McCowan as an "intermodal stop" is funny. Like the SSE is going to get there this century.

I like the intermodal stop with Kingston Rd though, DRT Pulse BRT has plenty of riders. But its unlikely they'll get off there to get to the TTC as the connection at STC and SSE is more attractive.

Love the Zoo station name! We need it to continue on down the old monorail track to the Canada zone. Trying to drag a 7 year old up that hill at 3 pm in the afternoon on a humid day in August is so painful.

(and that's after they ran down the hill to see the animals)

Love the Zoo station name! We need it to continue on down the old monorail track to the Canada zone. Trying to drag a 7 year old up that hill at 3 pm in the afternoon on a humid day in August is so painful.

(and that's after they ran down the hill to see the animals)
Slightly off topic, but whatever happened to the unsolicited proposal to proof-of-concept test a maglev on the monorail track? http://torontoist.com/2016/05/toron...train-technology-to-replace-the-old-monorail/

Not sure if it was dropped entirely or what happened to it, but isn't there supposed to be a spur to SC area? Maybe that was a 'later phase' type of deal.

So far nothing seems to have happened but they did have to put out tenders because the Zoo is owned by the city, maybe they are still waiting to here from anyone else.

Oh yeah I recall the maglev idea now. Wasn't aware the City put out a tender for the zoo monorail. They really oughta do something with it, since the zoo was basically designed around a circulator transit line. I sort of vowed not to visit until they fix/replace the thing.

Yep, but my map is part of my own larger transit fantasy map for the region so I overrided that aspect of the Sheppard proposal. In my larger fantasy transit scheme, I would propose the Line 2 subway to extend along McCowan to Sheppard rather than an LRT line to Scarborough Centre.

Oh yeah I recall the maglev idea now. Wasn't aware the City put out a tender for the zoo monorail. They really oughta do something with it, since the zoo was basically designed around a circulator transit line. I sort of vowed not to visit until they fix/replace the thing.
They didn't specifically put one out they were approached by a company that wanted to use the old Zoo guideway as a test track fro a Maglev The Zoo would get to collect all revenue on it and wouldn't have to pay the maintenance cost for the first few year nor the isatqalantion coast of it. Because the Zoo is owned by the city of Toronto they had to put out tenders for legal reasons.

Back