News   Apr 25, 2024
 271     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 392     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 589     0 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

From the Presto website:
"A fix is being rolled out to address the issue we were experiencing where some cards were incorrectly cancelled, but it will take time to update the whole system. While many customers' cards are now working, some customers will continue to experience issues. If your card is still affected, please ride as you normally would. We appreciate your continued patience and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please disregard any email you receive stating your card has been blocked. Check back for regular updates."

That sounds brilliant.

Unfortunately all fare collectors don't seem to be on the same page. The guy at Sheppard West station on Thursday basically told me that it wasn't his problem and that he was under no obligation to let me in. Thankfully I had a credit card with me.

To be fair, it is difficult - if not impossible to confirm the veracity. As unfortunate it is for your situation, it is probably a good thing that the TTC worker go by the book.

AoD

I tried to add $45 to my Presto account and the funds didn't show up. Presto is claiming that I tried to add the funds twice (am I out $90???) and their only recommendation is to try to add even more funds. These idiots can't even process a fucking online payment and they expect the public to have confidence in them. Presto was a good idea but it's a failure. Screw Presto, I'm going back to tokens!

I tried to add $45 to my Presto account and the funds didn't show up. Presto is claiming that I tried to add the funds twice (am I out $90???) and their only recommendation is to try to add even more funds. These idiots can't even process a fucking online payment and they expect the public to have confidence in them. Presto was a good idea but it's a failure. Screw Presto, I'm going back to tokens!
Did you wait 24 hours after the online load? Also, the balance online doesn’t change until you tap your card at a reader. You can use one that doesn’t take a fare, but only used to check balance/activate card. May I ask if you registered your card?

I have sympathy for you, but good luck when the legacy fare media is ended and PRESTO will be the only option.
I’m actually looking forward to the TTC implementing 2 hour transfers ONLY on Presto, so there is actually a benefit to switch to Presto (if there aren’t any already).

Did you wait 24 hours after the online load? Also, the balance online doesn’t change until you tap your card at a reader. You can use one that doesn’t take a fare, but only used to check balance/activate card. May I ask if you registered your card?

I did wait 24 hours and I did tap on after adding the funds. My card is registered.

The idea of having a card that I can add funds to online and in the amount that I want is a great idea, but I don't like having money stolen from me. Presto has been no help, my bank has been no help. I won't use a payment system that is unreliable.

I did wait 24 hours and I did tap on after adding the funds. My card is registered.

The idea of having a card that I can add funds to online and in the amount that I want is a great idea, but I don't like having money stolen from me. Presto has been no help, my bank has been no help. I won't use a payment system that is unreliable.
Can’t help you there. Seems like this really is a Presto problem that you can’t fix on your own.

I have sympathy for you, but good luck when the legacy fare media is ended and PRESTO will be the only option.

When that happens I'll ride my bike and by the middle of summer 2018 I'll have enough money for a second-hand car. Also, I can use cabs. I realize that Presto was more or less forced on the TTC but if Presto is my only payment option then I can get by without the TTC.

Presto has been no help, my bank has been no help. I won't use a payment system that is unreliable.
If Presto is my only payment option then I can get by without the TTC.

You should probably ditch your unreliable bank too if you managed to find the only bank that won't help you with this sort of problem (which I suspect is made up, to be honest).

You should probably ditch your unreliable bank too if you managed to find the only bank that won't help you with this sort of problem (which I suspect is made up, to be honest).

My bank is reliable in other matters, but in this matter all they say is that the transaction went through and there is nothing they can do from their end. The fault is Presto's and they've been giving me the runaround; every rep I've talked to has a different story to tell me.
When the TTC goes with nothing but Presto as a payment system they will be going with an unreliable system. I live in East York and am self-employed, I can get by without the TTC.

You may not like the fact that I'm angry about getting ripped off and I'm talking about alternative transportation arrangements but that's your problem, sweetie. And don't you ever accuse me or anyone else on this forum of being a liar.

Back