News   Apr 19, 2024
 465     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 9.5K     2 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

Presto isn't applying TTC's rules - it's simply a 2-hour transfer, which blocks re-using the same route or re-entering the subway.

Appears that this is the case.

02/06/2016 03:33 PM Toronto Transit Commission King St West At John St Transfer $0.00 $0.00 0 0 $0.00
02/06/2016 01:54 PM Toronto Transit Commission Queen St West At Shaw St Fare Payment $2.90 $52.80 Feb - 2016 1 0 $0.00

This is the second time I've had a trip like this where it's clearly not a transfer or a single trip, but Presto is not set up to recognize it correctly. The TTC really should just adopt the two hour transfer since it's now very clear how to work the system to get free rides. Head downtown on the 504, do whatever I need to do for 90 minutes, head home on the 501.

Saw a similar sign at eglinton that wifi and presto work happening now till August! Looking forward to it!

Based on the work at Old Mill the station will first get Wifi (Old Mill is happening in the next month or two). Then we have to wait for Presto...they need to get the new turnstiles first.

All they are doing for Presto is wiring. A junction box near the turnstiles for a future connection to the terminals.

(a better question...who needs wifi at Old Mill. you have a cell phone signal already...how many people will actually connect?)

Based on the work at Old Mill the station will first get Wifi (Old Mill is happening in the next month or two). Then we have to wait for Presto...they need to get the new turnstiles first.

All they are doing for Presto is wiring. A junction box near the turnstiles for a future connection to the terminals.

(a better question...who needs wifi at Old Mill. you have a cell phone signal already...how many people will actually connect?)

I looks like Main street will probably have the new turnstiles sometime this week as I doubt they want to have construction walls up during the week day rushes very long. After main street I wouldn't be surprised if they just put them into sations right away rather then wait after installing the electrical stuff.
I'll try and get video and pictures of them as soon as I am able to use them

Any indication as to the initial ratio between new fare gates and old fare gates at Main Street Stn?

right now there are no fare gates just waals where they used to be, a small walk way either side with collectors at each end of the walls. My guess is when they take the walls down it will be all new gates. I asked Brad ross about it on twitter a few days back and he said that for the time being the new gates will except both metropasses and presto but tickets and tokens and cash fare will have to be paid at the collectors both.

24519707399_0aa2bea556_z_d.jpg

That answers my question then as to why I thought they might have kept a couple of the old ones for metropass users.

Appears that this is the case.

02/06/2016 03:33 PM Toronto Transit Commission King St West At John St Transfer $0.00 $0.00 0 0 $0.00
02/06/2016 01:54 PM Toronto Transit Commission Queen St West At Shaw St Fare Payment $2.90 $52.80 Feb - 2016 1 0 $0.00

This is the second time I've had a trip like this where it's clearly not a transfer or a single trip, but Presto is not set up to recognize it correctly. The TTC really should just adopt the two hour transfer since it's now very clear how to work the system to get free rides. Head downtown on the 504, do whatever I need to do for 90 minutes, head home on the 501.

This is exactly how it works in Montreal with OPUS cards too. As long as you don't tap back onto the same route or back into the Metro, your tap is good anywhere for two hours after the first tap.

I hope the TTC maintains paper day passes as well as the daily tap cap - the weekend/holiday option that allows two adults and/or four children to ride is a good deal.

Same with Sherbourne. The signs went up last year, and Wifi came first. Though Shawn Micallef just tweeted a picture of a new sign at Sherbourne saying Presto is being installed now until May. I guess they aren't waiting on new fare gates?

Though Shawn Micallef just tweeted a picture of a new sign at Sherbourne saying Presto is being installed now until May. I guess they aren't waiting on new fare gates?
I think they are going with the new gate.. The signage would be for the power and wiring, not necessarily the gates (which was the case at Museum, where the work was completed months before they finally put the Presto units in). Also, they are putting in the test gates at Main now. I don't think it will be a long trial, it it all goes well - as they have a heck of a lot of these they need to install this year!

What does it mean that Presto is counting "Loyalty Trip Number" for TTC rides? A prelude to automatic daypasses kicking in after 4 rides?

Back