News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 786     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

It's getting pretty abstract. First, ML claims to not want to conduct litigation in the press, and then proceed to do exactly that. I sense panic on ML's behalf, and they're trying to get in front of the speeding late locomotive:
upload_2017-2-17_12-45-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-17_12-45-49.png
    upload_2017-2-17_12-45-49.png
    767 KB · Views: 455
It's getting pretty abstract. First, ML claims to not want to conduct litigation in the press, and then proceed to do exactly that. I sense panic on ML's behalf, and they're trying to get in front of the speeding late locomotive:
View attachment 99141
How is Bombardier late with this one. Metrolinx has been asking them to deliver the vechles but has no where to test them or put them unless they have some sort of underground Wearhouse that they have built that no one knows about.

How is Bombardier late with this one.
I never stated fault, just stated the issue. Read carefully, in prior posts I've indicated probability of fault with both parties. I've also indicated high probability that BBD will win this case due to a number of factors, one of the most obvious being ML's inability to conduct supervision or planning in an effective and efficient manner.

Gosh....stations and projects late? Never happened before with Metrolinx (sarcasm). I'm no fan of many aspects of BBD's corporate governance, I'm even less of a fan of Metrolinx. The court case will be very interesting...
in front of the speeding late locomotive
Perhaps you missed the reference in that? In PR, it's a term (which I've taken liberty with) to get ahead of the PR disaster imminently ensuing by getting 'the story' out first, before the devastating court ruling.

I never stated fault, just stated the issue. Read carefully, in prior posts I've indicated probability of fault with both parties. I've also indicated high probability that BBD will win this case due to a number of factors, one of the most obvious being ML's inability to conduct supervision or planning in an effective and efficient manner.

Gosh....stations and projects late? Never happened before with Metrolinx (sarcasm). I'm no fan of many aspects of BBD's corporate governance, I'm even less of a fan of Metrolinx. The court case will be very interesting...
Yeah it's definitely going to be interesting to see. I wonder how many heads in Metrolinx will roll after the smoke clears.

We were thinking alike...here is what I tweeted......

https://twitter.com/TOareaFan/status/832645021555838978

Yeah it's definitely going to be interesting to see. I wonder how many heads in Metrolinx will roll after the smoke clears.

It appears they've already lost the PR battle, even if they do get the case dismissed in court. It's almost worth it to see them grovel like the spineless bureaucrats they are "Oh please, spare our jobs, it was all their fault, not ours, oh please, show mercy". I hope they get their limos taken away and they have to take transit in their next iterations.
Does "incompetence" invert to "outcompetence"? One can only hope....

It appears they've already lost the PR battle, even if they do get the case dismissed in court. It's almost worth it to see them grovel like the spineless bureaucrats they are "Oh please, spare our jobs, it was all their fault, not ours, oh please, show mercy". I hope they get their limos taken away and they have to take transit in their next iterations.
Does "incompetence" invert to "outcompetence"? One can only hope....
is there a big limo budget item at ML?

Nice. I especially like "the court is the right place for it to be heard" followed by "Bombardier's behaviour in going to court is not that of a trusted partner". If the boardroom isn't the right place for a civilized discussion, and the court is, you shouldn't be surprised if you find yourself in court.

If Bombardier takes their specifics to the court (their press seemed to list specific issues) and Metrolinx takes their generalizations, I already know which way the court will go on this contract.

Last edited:
Metrolinx is probably so disappointed that they still don't have their prototype vehicle to showcase to every city so they'll know where our taxpayers dollars are doing like how they moved that mockup everywhere. That's about all they can do with a proper functionally vehicle.

Maybe metrolinx was a mistake. Maybe we need a greater toronto services board. This is just another issue people have with them.
Metrolinx has been a great disappointment and goes back as far as the bill that create it. Metrolinx has lack teeth and powers from day one as well a body to oversee it, as well run it.

Everything starts from from the top down and this is where the main problem lays today as well the people who run it on a daily base. Then not having a BOD who can overrider the various poor discussion as well personnel being hire, since they lack the background and knowledge in the first place.

If Metrolinx had the powers it should had from day one, Sheppard and the SRT would be built as plan. The testing of the prototype car was to be on Sheppard and that is when the shit would had hit the fan for both TTC and Metrolinx fleet back in 2012/13 and we wouldn't be where we are today for both fleet. Then, Brampton would be seeing the LRT on Main St downtown.

The government of Ontario is a fault to allow things to get this far by not cleaning house before now, but to remove its hand on policy. Also forcing things that are wrong in the first place to gain votes and seats, well not respecting the taxpayer money. Dalton McGuinty did change the makeup with the first BOD because they wouldn't get shovels into the ground to built the transit system he wanted, but he under estimated what it was going to cost to do.

Where can Metrolinx test their prototype car can either happen in KW since they are setup for it now or Ottawa if Alstom allows them to do so. As it been pointed out, Metrolinx has neither any track or complex at this time for any testing in Toronto until late 2019/20.

TTC has a better case than Metrolinx at this time against BBD.

I listened to the live feed in the second tweet.

blah blah blah at 1:46:15. 1:48:30 is where it gets specific. Basically they expect a vehicle that will run on tracks (of course they don't have tracks). [my comment: BBD has a functional vehicle that they can test without tracks or overhead (but Metrolinx wants something else)]

1:52:00 - a planted question about management changes at BBD
1:53:00 - another planted question. For Crosstown. Metrolinx says that they cannot "power up" the vehicle. [my comment: Per BBD they can turn it on...just not via overhead (which Crosstown doesn't have)]
1:55:30 - Finally not a planted question. On Waterloo. Is that a functional vehicle? Can Waterloo run it? He's trying to ask nicely if the presentation is b.s. Per Metrolinx Waterloo's vehicle cannot run yet. [my comment: We'll find out if that's true or not in about one month when it is tested.]
1:58:45. Waterloo has multiple production vehicles being manufactured for Waterloo.
1:59:15 - closing remarks. BBD comments are FALSE

So funny. They say that BBD is not trusted partner by starting court actions. But didn't Metrolinx start the default proceeding? Like a kid crying because his mother took candy away from him that he stole.

They also say BBD is 2 years behind. But if BBD delivered the 50+ vehicles as per contracted by Metrolinx over the past couple of years would Metrolinx been able to use the vehicles? I expect that Metrolinx had asked for delays in the final production vehicles (and thus BBD delayed the test vehicle). There are way too many holes in Metrolinx's story for me to believe them.

So why can BBD produce a fully functional vehicle (or per Metrolinx a non-functional) for Waterloo but Metrolinx says that BBD cannot produce a trial vehicle.

If I see the Waterloo vehicle run within a month Metrolinx has lost all credibility.

I listened to the live feed in the second tweet.

blah blah blah at 1:46:15. 1:48:30 is where it gets specific. Basically they expect a vehicle that will run on tracks (of course they don't have tracks). [my comment: BBD has a functional vehicle that they can test without tracks or overhead (but Metrolinx wants something else)]

1:52:00 - a planted question about management changes at BBD
1:53:00 - another planted question. For Crosstown. Metrolinx says that they cannot "power up" the vehicle. [my comment: Per BBD they can turn it on...just not via overhead (which Crosstown doesn't have)]
1:55:30 - Finally not a planted question. On Waterloo. Is that a functional vehicle? Can Waterloo run it? He's trying to ask nicely if the presentation is b.s. Per Metrolinx Waterloo's vehicle cannot run yet. [my comment: We'll find out if that's true or not in about one month when it is tested.]
1:58:45. Waterloo has multiple production vehicles being manufactured for Waterloo.
1:59:15 - closing remarks. BBD comments are FALSE

So funny. They say that BBD is not trusted partner by starting court actions. But didn't Metrolinx start the default proceeding? Like a kid crying because his mother took candy away from him that he stole.

They also say BBD is 2 years behind. But if BBD delivered the 50+ vehicles as per contracted by Metrolinx over the past couple of years would Metrolinx been able to use the vehicles? I expect that Metrolinx had asked for delays in the final production vehicles (and thus BBD delayed the test vehicle). There are way too many holes in Metrolinx's story for me to believe them.

So why can BBD produce a fully functional vehicle (or per Metrolinx a non-functional) for Waterloo but Metrolinx says that BBD cannot produce a trial vehicle.

If I see the Waterloo vehicle run within a month Metrolinx has lost all credibility.

Metrolinx has no credibility at this point. If you don't see the KW car running the first week or 2 of March, Huston, we have a problem. Assuming KW gets the car by the end of the month, the car should see testing starting March 5 based on TTC standards and this depends on how fast the trainee learn the operation of the car. Time line will be based on when the car is received, the inspection of it and training the trainee for both operation and servicing the car to train other personnel for the rest of the fleet.

So by "powers" do you mean the specific power to build projects without City of Toronto Council approval? In other words, you'd like Metrolinx to have the ability to ignore any vote by local Councils on transit projects? While that might be a practical solution, I don't see it becoming a political reality. All three provincial parties seem to be on the same page when it comes to differing to municipal councils (IE Toronto, Brampton, Hamilton). Maybe a party will run on a platform of changing that in 2018 but I doubt it. I guess it all started when Ford was elected, declared Transit City "dead", Council revolted, Council flip-flopped, the Scarborough by-election happened, and OLP said the budget would be the same and Toronto would pick the technology.

If Metrolinx had the powers it should had from day one, Sheppard and the SRT would be built as plan. The testing of the prototype car was to be on Sheppard and that is when the shit would had hit the fan for both TTC and Metrolinx fleet back in 2012/13 and we wouldn't be where we are today for both fleet. Then, Brampton would be seeing the LRT on Main St downtown.

Metrolinx is ruled by idiots. Bombardier could afford to fix 14 vehicles when they are being tested on a live track. For them to build 182 of them to sit in some storage and can't be tested, that's utter crap. Bombardier is also a client for parts and needs to claim warranty from their supplies when things go wrong.

The ION is suppose to go into service this year. So the whole project is near completion. It should be ready for testing in spring and training in the summer.

Back