258     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 812     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 467     0 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

Bombardier posted a new picture on their twitter account here:

JfHAYKj.png

I thought the Metrolinx and Ion pilot vehicles were coming out of Thunder Bay yet, with Kingston to be the LRT production site while TB focuses on the TTC cars. If so, a photo of production parts being made in Kingston is a welcome sight.

the link is subscriber only. Can you provide a summary? Though the title is already itself a bombshell...

I'm not subscribed either. However the headline and accompanying tweets pretty much says it all.

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 623
interesting.......well....this will either make or break ION or ECT......Can Seimens or Alstom
produce a train up to spec in 2 years for Ion?

Unless this is all just brinkmanship games

So I'm guessing Metrolinx has not yet taken possession of the pilot LRV that was pictured a few months ago?

That's good news

So ect is screwed then?
Nobody is "screwed"...not yet. A notice to cancel is a procedural matter in contracts. I haven't read this one but cancellation likely has to preceded by notice of "X" days....during which, likely, the other party has time to correct the default or agree to the cancellation or reach some other agreement/arrangement.

If I was betting.....ML counted back from opening day and reached the conclusion that if they are ultimately going to cancel and find a new supplier that notice would have to be given now to start the process so that if that is the route they end up going, they are back in the market for a new supplier in time.

You have to wonder how much of an impact the EU free trade deal is going to have on LRT vehicle cost from Euro suppliers and/or allow Bombardier to use there Euro factories for Canadian procurement.

Back