News   Apr 26, 2024
 273     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 282     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 470     0 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

Has there been a "promised" date for when this train will be delivered? Are the test facilities ready for it?

I'd love to see a vehicle on a track, pantograph extended instead of a trolley pole, running. I don't give a shit what colour it is as long as it's not a Metrolinx vanity - thou shalt be green - colour.

I'd love to see a vehicle on a track, pantograph extended instead of a trolley pole, running. I don't give a shit what colour it is as long as it's not a Metrolinx vanity - thou shalt be green - colour.

i could care less if its in pink.....JUST GET THEM FREAKING DONE......

Can anyone spot any physical differences between this and the Outloook, other than the nose cone and double ended controls?

You can read about it on Wiki.

They are much wider, longer, only have a pantograph, can go faster, have standard track gauge (not ttc gauge), doors on both sides like a subway, 750v DC vs 600v DC for the Outlook.

i could care less if its in pink.....JUST GET THEM FREAKING DONE......

If you "could care less", then you care. :rolleyes:

I, on the other hand, could not care less what colour it is. Just deliver the prototype already so that Metrolinx can begin testing, finalize the design and begin building cars so that we can meet the Crosstown's already delayed 2021 opening deadline.

Bombardier misses another deadline for Eglinton Crosstown project

Metrolinx confirmed Wednesday that the Quebec-based manufacturer has yet to complete the test vehicle for the Crosstown. Which means that Bombardier has missed the end-of-August target date that the company said as recently as last month it was on track to meet.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/tr...-deadline-for-eglinton-crosstown-project.html

Because...?

Because this test vehicle is the only tangible component of the Crosstown that is near completion. It's easy for future users of the crosstown to invision themselves using the vehcile in a few years. The same can't be said about the rest of the Crosstown protect which, in its current stage, is nowhere near completion

https://twitter.com/BombardierRail/status/771000750289879040

Bombardier in final phase of manufacturing of #EglintonCrosstown pilot LRV. Static testing has begun in Thunder Bay.

CrMlF9sWcAA0j9p.jpg

Back