News   Apr 25, 2024
 381     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

Faster? HMS Queen Elizabeth was ordered in 2007, and is years behind schedule, maybe going into service in 2017. The USS Gerard R. Ford started construction in 2005, and might go into service in 2016.

It doesn't take 10 years to build a Flexity ...

Faster? HMS Queen Elizabeth was ordered in 2007, and is years behind schedule, maybe going into service in 2017. The USS Gerard R. Ford started construction in 2005, and might go into service in 2016.

It doesn't take 10 years to build a Flexity ...

The 2005 cutting of steel doesnt really count as start of construction. Its like Bbr going out to shop for steel to stock up on material for an impending order. The contract wasnt signed until late 2008. Also:
-Keel laid late 2009;
-with 2 year delay will be completed end of this year; was planned
-consider size and scope vs time

well....the FF is approaching 6 years.....still nothing tanglible can be seen....in the same amount of time at least the Ford was floating on its own and structurally complete.....the only scrap of evidence proving the FF's existence are 3 photos of it in pieces (3 of 5 sections). And that just the pilot vehicle. Add in another 18 months of testing as listed and then start construction of the first production unit and itll be 2018.

Anyways....lets move on we all know that regardless Bbr is inexcusably late and will most likely be barred or disqualified from future contracts for this monumental cockup

I always wonder if Canada had to switch to producing war planes, ships, tanks, etc., will Canada even be able to replicate the production of World War II. That war took six years.

See link.

The Bombardier company of Valcourt, Quebec, built more than 150 military snowmobiles. General Motors developed a frame for another snowmobile, of which 300 were built.

I always wonder if Canada had to switch to producing war planes, ships, tanks, etc., will Canada even be able to replicate the production of World War II. That war took six years.

See link.

Unlikely. That is an example of total war where entire economy and industry was focused on the war effort. I'm not sure other than the bailout would Bbr receive that much support as back then.

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-31_11-8-11.png
    upload_2016-8-31_11-8-11.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 594
uhh,....not sure where youre looking at but I only see white, black and a grey stripe along the roofline. Maybe the blue reels are playing tricks on your eyes...
Are they going to put this train on the Ion track first to test? Maybe they can give this train to them as the first set since theyre so late

mmm that looks good. kinda glad it's not the green we're used to, and maybe I'm colour blind but I don't see any blue tints (also I thought Line 5 was to be orange?). I see dark grey, whitish, and light grey. Perhaps this is a standard colour for the pilot vehicle, and colours will come later? If it's undecided whether to go with Metrolinx's green livery or TTC red, perhaps a grey scheme it will be. Personally I'd be fine with a complete array of all colours, with each vehicle unique.

uhh,....not sure where youre looking at but I only see white, black and a grey stripe along the roofline. Maybe the blue reels are playing tricks on your eyes..
Actually, it's the nose I'm looking at. It's definitely dark blue in the image - I extracted the colour to check - but I think it may well be just the light playing tricks, as this should be black.

So grey and white. How dull - I'd prefer green!

upload_2016-8-31_11-36-52.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-31_11-36-52.png
    upload_2016-8-31_11-36-52.png
    477.2 KB · Views: 625
Actually, it's the nose I'm looking at. It's definitely dark blue in the image - I extracted the colour to check - but I think it may well be just the light playing tricks, as this should be black.

View attachment 84893

Thats because of lighting flare on the lens. Its black.

Yeah, these are a bit dull compared to how it could look. I'd prefer green as well. Though I still wasn't a big fan of the green we were shown prior for a couple reasons: there was very little green to begin with (only the top/front trim) with the rest being grey and white, the shade of green was a bit tame (seemed to be light pastel tho didn't really look like the Metrolinx colours on the GO vehicles).

It does look like a lighting flare. It's overexposure at bottom edge, with a bluish haze perpetuating the whole bottom middle-to-right of the image.

That said, I'd love to see proper color!

Can the body be painted? If yes, if the normal procedure to produce the body as white and then paint it? If yes, then it is premature to comment on the final colour.

Are the K-W versions double ended ?

- Paul
Has to be, since there is only stub tracks at each end. All Metrolinx Lines will be stub ends

Back