News   Apr 25, 2024
 359     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Will FWLRT have a stop on the Bolton GO line?

As FW is a go (sorry for the pun), and Bolton GO is MIA (missing in action) at the moment, I'd have asked the question will Bolton GO have a stop at FWLRT? Having said that, since the Metrolinx folks are getting the idea that networks move people better than spurs that never come together, there is a map on one of the forums here that clearly shows a stop where the tracks cross. Whether that is one of us keeners or a real ML plan, I can't say.

I would think that either one of LRT stops can be moved a bit, or one more stop added, if and when Bolton GO opens. The Finch line will run on surface, thus it will be a matter of rearranging the street layout, rather than heavy construction.

The current planning for the Bolton GO line will have it not using the CP tracks south of Steeles.

Thus, there would be no need to have a station at Finch.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The current planning for the Bolton GO line will have it not using the CP tracks south of Steeles.

Thus, there would be no need to have a station at Finch.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

That plan is quite outdated, and considering the interest in the Missing Link, it would be unwise for Metrolinx to not at least plan for the potential of a Bolton GO station at Finch.

I understand that it may be a while until CP is brought on board with the Missing Link, but so will the Bolton Line not be built for quite some time either. The two may align in timelines.

That plan is quite outdated, and considering the interest in the Missing Link, it would be unwise for Metrolinx to not at least plan for the potential of a Bolton GO station at Finch.

It may be "outdated", but it is still the plan in force.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

It may be "outdated", but it is still the plan in force.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Yes and as we have seen with all the other plans in Toronto, they all go exactly as we initially intended.

Hold on though, I need to catch the Eglinton West subway to the GO ALRT to go visit my friend in Scarborough.

Yes and as we have seen with all the other plans in Toronto, they all go exactly as we initially intended.

Hold on though, I need to catch the Eglinton West subway to the GO ALRT to go visit my friend in Scarborough.

For those who don't know, or who were born after 1985, this was the napkin design for GO ALERT in 1982. See link.

gotransit-2107-12.gif

Will FWLRT have a stop on the Bolton GO line?

Wouldn't the Weston Road stop serve any theoretical Bolton GO line stop?

There's also the proposed stop at Signet/Arrow, which could also serve the future Emery station, depending on how the station access is configured.

Back