News   Apr 25, 2024
 231     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 380     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 579     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Definitely. The project will be delayed by a few weeks because of the BLM protestors. Yup. You satisfied?

Calm down Mister 'LRT on Sheppard East or nothing'. I just wanted to understand if the disruption led to no work being done for a few hours or anything like that and if more protests will take place in the future. Calm down :rolleyes:

Construction is really ramping up on Eglinton East now. More and more of the roads are closed off, utility work and jet grout plants everywhere (big orange things). Bus stops getting moved around, fences going up everywhere.

Also the Crosstown twitter account tweeted that the TBMs were moved to the Brentcliffe (east) launch site.

For those who are interested and don't visit Eglinton regularly:

IMG_20150805_181423937_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150805_181423937_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150805_181423937_HDR.jpg
    990.8 KB · Views: 453
Oh yeah. Looks like a lot of stuff is happening there now. I like seeing stuff get done. :)

As of a week or two ago, they've also begun [what I assume is] headwall construction at Avenue Station and wrapped up headwall construction at Bathurst.

Also, if you go to Allen road you can hear a high pitched humming noise 24/7. I'm going to assume that's the boring machines boring.

Lots of stuff happening.

For all the lane closures we've already seen for the past few years, there's still a lot of road disruptions to come, even if the project is done in stages. Tunnel boring isn't halfway complete, and they still have to dig and pour each station, rebuild Eglinton in Scarborough similarly to St. Clair Avenue West for the right-of-way and reconfigure Kennedy Station.

What is the status of the other pair? it seems like they have been ready to go since July...when are they supposed to start?

What is the status of the other pair? it seems like they have been ready to go since July...when are they supposed to start?

Based on the project's twitter, the TBM pieces were only moved to the east launch site recently (beginning of this month I think). They are probably being assembled and prepared at the Brentcliffe site before they start.

Thanks for the info though I was hoping for a bit more concurrent activity at the sites...the excavation was done months ago!

Thanks for the info though I was hoping for a bit more concurrent activity at the sites...the excavation was done months ago!

Excavation is only part of getting the TBM ready to roll.

Does anyone know if they have started work on the stations yet in the areas where they have already tunneled or are they waiting to do that once all tunneling is done?

Back