News   Mar 28, 2024
 102     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

Nope, actually that's something that doesn't require a contract or building anything...picking colors is as simple as picking colors...no need to wait until the whole line is done before picking the color scheme...they don't even have to wait for the first brochure to be done...or the first 3d video...in fact the color scheme could be picked even before the line was designed or route chosen....

Some would even suggest that the color scheme for Toronto routes was chosen a long time ago...and it was red...and the majority of color scheme decisions since that point were also red...there have been a few times when the government of Ontario has tried to change the color scheme to green or puke green...why they did this is mainly to mark their own territory - not to provide a consistent system or help people from outside of the city understand the system...sometimes even the TTC has chosen to pick weird colors (like blue) - even after the color scheme was for a long time red for no logical reason....this shouldn't prevent anyone though from picking a color scheme early in a process so that everyone stays on the same page...and we don't end up with a line with green vehicles, red stations, and yellow signs...

Dogs have that whole marking territory thing down to a science. The province should emulate them.

Him: Whoever did this is an idiot.
As long as the whole thing is grade separated, there is no problem. People will see the station, not the train. If they build this on street there may be some problems, but I doubt anyone would be dumb enough to build Eglinton on-street. :)

Don't forget that with all those bus and streetcar wraps, they are basically using different livery colours.

bMoore_streetcar_1.jpg

ALRV_4204_in_CBC_Radio_2_Wrap_Advertising.jpg

KingKongBusWrap.jpg

7850.jpg

65d4f8302f44e9e473ca754810286873.jpg

bahamas.jpg

Graffiti does not count.
kwI88I5.jpg

That King Kong wrap is terrifyingly good.
I had to do a double-take. Very, very good bus wrap!
Normally I don't like bus wraps as a passenger because it makes my view less scenic. But for
THIS wrap, probably paid generously and reduces taxes, I'm perfectly fine with.

Graffiti does not count.
Fun pictures! Although I know it's not your photography, I prefer not to perpetuate grafitti photography of this nature, as Grafitti artists are thrilled to see their work on the Internet. I personally would remove this ONE photo (please) or at least pixelate the grafitti (to annoy the artist) -- publicity of their art helps the vandals perpetuate...

Other than that ONE picture -- very great highlights of wrap photography, especially the gorilla grab! I had never seen that one. Here are a couple of other faves I've seen online before, though:

Zoo_Bus.jpg

SharkBus.jpg

Credits:
http://adsoftheworld.com/media/ambient/copenhagen_zoo_snake_bus
http://gahsoon.blogspot.ca/2006/08/just-in-one-bite.html (scan from Economist Magazine)

If this keeps up, we'll end up needing to find the old "Transit Advertising" thread (Wasn't there one?) and put the photos there. :)

Attachments

• Zoo_Bus.jpg
    Zoo_Bus.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 1,387
  • SharkBus.jpg
    SharkBus.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 745
Last edited:
What major construction event happened in the last month? Presumably this is a PR event for that.
Didn't the dig to Yonge just start?

Last edited:
What major construction event happened in the last month? Presumably this is a PR event that.
Didn't the dig to Yonge just start?

Well, they've just selected a proponent for the project and it achieved financial close. So perhaps the unveiling of the proponent scheme?

Are we sure this won't be a re-announcement of something?

Wouldn't surprise me. We will see.

AoD

There will be some kind of announcement re: Eglinton by Min. of Transportation tomorrow morning.

AoD

Maybe they're announcing the official beer of the Eglinton LRT line? The official coffee of the Eglinton LRT line? The official bank of the Eglinton LRT line? The colour scheme?

Or maybe the province is concerned about its debt and credit downgrading so it has decided to fill in the tunnels rather than pay for the rest of construction.

Maybe they're announcing the official beer of the Eglinton LRT line? The official coffee of the Eglinton LRT line? The official bank of the Eglinton LRT line? The colour scheme?

Or maybe the province is concerned about its debt and credit downgrading so it has decided to fill in the tunnels rather than pay for the rest of construction.

Nah, they've decided to run monorails in it.

AoD

Back