News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 373     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 946     1 

Mayor Olivia Chow's Toronto

Damn. Olivia Chow is really on a roll. CafeTO has been more smooth, garbage bins have been improved, a second pothole blitz…

She’s really trying to ensure that people feel that those tax dollars are delivering tangible improvements to their day-to-day. Smart.
Is CafeTO rolling out? I haven't seen any signs of it anywhere yet.

Is CafeTO rolling out? I haven't seen any signs of it anywhere yet.

Same here.

I wonder if the behind the scenes admin costs have limited participation this year.

This may be a blessing in disguise however for some street festivals though if I am not mistaken, Taste of the Danforth was canceled for this year?

@Towered @Richard White

“ As she applied for a temporary summer patio in front of her cosy Junction cocktail bar, Marlene Thorne had one thought: Please let this go more smoothly this year.

This year? It was a relative breeze, Thorne, other business owners and industry associations say, even though the number of applications fell by 13 per cent.”

“ This year, said Kiru, is already shaping up to be a substantial improvement. Already, roughly 75 per cent of the 320 applications received by the March 1 deadline have been processed, Kiru said. And the city says it's on target to have all but a handful of applications processed within the next few weeks.”

And yes, far fewer applications this year because of fees, and also less pressure to have seating.

Back