News   Apr 24, 2024
 247     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 334     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 666     1 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

If you're in the Annex or Riverdale, and your option is John Tory or Doug Ford, you're holding your nose and voting for Tory.

What horrible thing did we do to deserve to end up with this sort of choice?? Can't someone else run for mayor? You?
If not you, perhaps a baboon?
Why can't David Crombie get off his lazy old ass and run again?

Oh well....welcome to democracide.

What horrible thing did we do to deserve to end up with this sort of choice?? Can't someone else run for mayor? You?
If not you, perhaps a baboon?
Why can't David Crombie get off his lazy old ass and run again?

Oh well....welcome to democracide.

This is what happens when you have a large percentage of voters who feel Toronto ceases to exist beyond the end of their driveway, who don't care what happens to the city as long as their trash is collected and their taxes are low.

Last edited:
My concern is that nobody is going to hate him either. If you're in the Annex or Riverdale, and your option is John Tory or Doug Ford, you're holding your nose and voting for Tory.

Unless Wong-Tam runs. (And she's got a good chance of being stronger than Olivia.)

No one provincial will allow SSE (in any form) to be killed at this point given the amount of face invested in it.

Which is great for the city. Right now the city is on the hook for not allowing it to be killed. If the province wants it, they can pay for it or at very least allow the city to raise funds via tolls to pay for Gardiner so there is space to pay for SSE.

Last edited:
Which is great for the city. Right now the city is on the hook for not allowing it to be killed. If the province wants it, they can pay for it or at very least allow the city to raise funds via tolls to pay for Gardiner so there is space to pay for SSE.

I think it is far, far more likely that they will kill something else to fund it.

AoD

Unless Wong-Tam runs. (And she's got a good chance of being stronger than Olivia.)

2022. She needs to win the hearts and minds of the upper middle class white folks who live along the Yonge Corridor to make a successful run, and John Tory has them in his pocket.

2022. She needs to win the hearts and minds of the upper middle class white folks who live along the Yonge Corridor to make a successful run, and John Tory has them in his pocket.

That's my thought. I think a lot of potential candidates - Perks, KWT - will wait until 2022. Tory said he won't run for a third term.

KWT would lose Smitherman style.

Somebody of David Miller's calibre would have to run if there was any hope of a center or progressive candidate winning.

I wonder if there might be any contenders from higher levels of government outside of Smitherman.

I think someone who wants to take on Tory will need a good level of name recognition.

Back