News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 690     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 943     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Taxes are often included. I've seen them in plenty of listings.
Only when they are low. I see plenty more if not most that do not show property taxes for obvious reasons. Plus they do not tell you sq ft except if newly built . Resale houses never do. It would make it easier to compare houses like with condos. But if priced per sq footage and potential buyers could see, another factor in reducing agents role.

Only when they are low. I see plenty more if not most that do not show property taxes for obvious reasons. Plus they do not tell you sq ft except if newly built . Resale houses never do. It would make it easier to compare houses like with condos. But if priced per sq footage and potential buyers could see, another factor in reducing agents role.
I've been house shopping; I've seen taxes on every listing I've looked at.

I've been house shopping; I've seen taxes on every listing I've looked at.
Not if you are looking on-line at www.realtor.ca. Every listing I open does not show property taxes. Now if you get the hard copy of the listing from an agent that may show it. Perhaps thats what you are looking at. But if you are searching for houses all you see on the MLS are photos, room dimensions, perhaps a video, land size (lot size) and if a condo, maintenance fees are shown. No property taxes or sq footage of house is shown.

You are right, that is the difference -- I am looking at listings that the realtor sends me -- still available online but through a link she sends me. I also go directly to the listing and find more info on the listing agent's site, for example:
Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 7.39.58 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 7.39.58 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 7.39.58 AM.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 177
John Tory wants to change the rules so that he can meet in secret with members of his executive committee. This is prohibited under the City of Toronto Act, so he's asking for permission from the province to change that.

http://torontoist.com/2017/01/john-...-so-he-can-meet-with-his-executive-in-secret/

Doesn't pass the "Rob Ford" test to me. Imagine if Rob Ford (or an unreasonable facsimile there of) was mayor, would you want his or her executive committee meeting in secret?

This MAY be a sign that the repair of utility cuts could improve? See: https://wx.toronto.ca/inter/pmmd/calls.nsf/0/67B3F3761CBF99FA852580A5005C39DC?OpenDocument

Commodity: Professional Services, Consulting Services
Description:
Utility Cut Backlog
The purpose of this RFP is to select a qualified Vendor to carry out field inspections on various utility cut permits throughout the City of Toronto on behalf of the city's Transportation Services Division. The Vendor will verify if any work has been done under the utility cut permit, determine whether the cut has been repaired, and evaluate whether any further type of repair is required. The Vendor will mark the area of repair, calculate the quantity of the materials needed to make the repair, price the repair, and update a database. The Vendor will be responsible for supplying all necessary materials and equipment to complete the required information in the City supplied database described in Appendix F. This information includes the x-y coordinates for all permits and cuts. An image of the database can be viewed in Appendix F. The detailed work functions and technical specifications of the required information are described in "Section 3.0 - Scope of Work" and "Appendix F - Project Reference Material".

Pages 5 and 6 have some info on how the utility cut permit system works, or does not work.

Back