605     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 448     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 811     1 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Last edited:
David Rider ‏@dmrider 26s27 seconds ago
Taxi leader Paul Sekhon is here w cllrs, suggesting the protest will not happen as planned. Stay tuned
Cynthia Mulligan ‏@CityCynthia 2m2 minutes ago
Cllr Wong Tam says hotel and business industry also in taxi meeting (trying to talk them out of protest) #topoli

That is the pressure they needed.

David Rider ‏@dmrider 18s18 seconds ago
BREAKING: Taxi protest not happening Friday as planned, says Paul Sekhon of City Taxi
David Rider ‏@dmrider 28s29 seconds ago
"Emotions overran us... There will be no strike for the NBA All-Star weekend," says Paul Sekhan
Mark CarcasoleVerified account‏@MarkCarcGlobal
Sekhon says #taxis cannot let other businesses suffer due to their strike and give #Uber an advantage. "Strike has been put off."
Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 39s39 seconds ago
Paul Sekhon says this has nothing to do with the mayor. This morning (last night?)...he said they were TARGETING John Tory, not Uber (?)

Last edited:
The Executive Committee met this week to approve the City's budget for 2016. Four members did not attend any part of the day's meeting. I realise people can be ill but this is surely one of the most important meetings of the year. Where were these people?

Present: Paul Ainslie, Ana Bailão, Gary Crawford, Mary-Margaret McMahon, Denzil Minnan-Wong, Cesar Palacio, Jaye Robinson, David Shiner, John Tory (Chair)Not Present: Michelle Berardinetti, Frank Di Giorgio, James Pasternak, Michael Thompson

The Executive Committee met this week to approve the City's budget for 2016. Four members did not attend any part of the day's meeting. I realise people can be ill but this is surely one of the most important meetings of the year. Where were these people?

Present: Paul Ainslie, Ana Bailão, Gary Crawford, Mary-Margaret McMahon, Denzil Minnan-Wong, Cesar Palacio, Jaye Robinson, David Shiner, John Tory (Chair)Not Present: Michelle Berardinetti, Frank Di Giorgio, James Pasternak, Michael Thompson
Berardinetti was in Asia last week and missed the council meeting. I don't know if she has returned yet. She has a terrible record for council meetings but may not have been back for the executive committee meeting.

Well Frank Di Giogio had a community meeting tonight regarding the re-developemnt of the former Humber River Hospital keele site at 2175 Keele along with the developer & Co and planning but I don't know why that would prevent him from attending the budget meeting held during the day. And he appeared to be making a case for the developer instead of representing the community so its not like he spent the day preparing talking points to listen to the community

Yeah, his sole purpose was to make Tory look bad. Between yesterday morning and that presser, someone talked to to him and was rather persuasive.

Back