1.3K     1 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

tory ttc.JPG

https://twitter.com/TessKalinowski/status/668873288005885952

Attachments

• tory ttc.JPG
    tory ttc.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 306
Accelerating Pathways Research Finds Cities Can Do More to Enable Youth Economic Progress
the research ranks the 35 cities on their environments for young people. This research provides a comparative snapshot of cities’ approaches, and is intended to share learnings and identify clear opportunities for growth as well as areas for development. Toronto finishes first in the Index; New York is in second place, ranking first in the United States; and Chicago finishes third in the overall Index, scoring among the top five across all four categories assessed. Three Asian cities – Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney – finish in the top 10, reflecting the importance these cities attach to engaging the next generation. Washington, D.C., scores among the top cities studied with regard to the presence and effectiveness of youth networks, while London ranks most highly for its local government support and institutional framework for youth.

Toronto Mayor John Tory said: “Toronto is proud to be ranked as the best city in the world for providing economic opportunities for young people. As Mayor, a key priority for me is continuing to attract young talent because I believe it is critical to ensuring Toronto can compete and grow our economy. We understand the key to building a fair and prosperous city includes connecting young people to jobs.”
http://www.citigroup.com/citi/news/2015/151123a.htm

I hope they don't do this. One sign is interesting and a draw, multiple signs is overkill and smacks of trying too hard.

I don't see what's wrong with having multiple signs. Amsterdam has multiple signs like this all over the city.

I don't see what's wrong with having multiple signs. Amsterdam has multiple signs like this all over the city.

You mean the I Amsterdam ones? I think if the Toronto ones are done consistently (like in the same typeface as the one at NPH) and not too gimmicky, it could be appealing and not at all corny like Lastman's moose.

Thoughts on the Norm matter:

1. Does he still do work in Ward 40?
2. Is it that bad to have an exciting Twitter account?
3. I will always appreciate the job he did when Rob Ford lost all of his powers
4. My parents live in Ward 40 and really like him even though they aren't really into rap and stuff
5. I don't agree with some of his votes
6. I agree that appealing to young voters is a good thing

Back