News   Apr 24, 2024
 884     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 602     0 

Spaces (former WE Charity HQs, 345 Queen St E, TriAxis, 3s, Kohn Partnership)

I'm feeling a little less blue today...

Nice to see this moving forward.

Marty1.jpg

Marty2.jpg

Marty3.jpg

And a peek inside...

Marty4.jpg

Attachments

• Marty1.jpg
    Marty1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 953
  • Marty2.jpg
    Marty2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 926
  • Marty3.jpg
    Marty3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 910
  • Marty4.jpg
    Marty4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 907
Nice to see it about to have a new life. No doubt it will look great in the end. But part of me will definitely miss this blue.

There is a minor variance application coming to C of A - for a new entrance at the loading dock on the Parliament Street side. It seems the building will be the new HQ of the charity Free the Children.

freethechildren.JPG

From Wiki: "WE Charity, formerly known as Free The Children, is a worldwide development charity and youth empowerment movement founded in 1995 by human rights advocates Craig Kielburger and Marc Kielburger.[1] The organization focuses on young people, with programs in Canada, the U.S. and U.K. for service learning and active citizenship, and international development projects in Asia, Africa and Latin America focused on children and education.[2][3] The organization runs programs in approximately 10,000 schools in Canada, the U.S. and U.K. for service learning and active citizenship, with the aim of empowering youth to become socially engaged.[4][5][6][7] The domestic youth empowerment work is funded by corporate sponsors and profits from the social enterprise, ME to WE.[8] In 2013, Charity Intelligence Canada awarded Free The Children its highest four-star rating, along with an A for the organization's reporting of its "social results".[9] In July 2016, Free The Children rebranded as WE Charity, part of WE.[10]"

Attachments

• freethechildren.JPG
    freethechildren.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 570
Feels like they scrubbed it up a little too good and it feels a little- flat? Hopefully it'll look sharper in the sunlight.

Good thing to see an old building get cleaned up.

Marty.1.jpg

Marty.2.jpg

Marty.3.jpg

Marty.4.jpg

If you look closely, you can see hints of its blue past in the mortar. But overall, I think they did a good job.

Marty.5.jpg

Attachments

• Marty.1.jpg
    Marty.1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 573
  • Marty.2.jpg
    Marty.2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 522
  • Marty.3.jpg
    Marty.3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 582
  • Marty.4.jpg
    Marty.4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 563
  • Marty.5.jpg
    Marty.5.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 590
Last edited:
looking good.. I read somewhere recently that the entire block across the street was acquired and that the TD Branch is now closed. Any one have any details on that?

This should bring a slew of young people to the area. It will be interesting to see the effects on the commercial spaces, if any at all.

Back