News   Apr 24, 2024
 208     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 311     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 640     0 

Markville Renovations and Retail Thread

Sears is set to vacate Markville by the end of February, so I'd expect to hear some news from CF soon about future plans. I know Markham is doing a new secondary plan for the "Markville Area," so things might be delayed somewhat until that is complete. CF is certainly pulling out all the stops to "upscale" this mall though: Sporting Life opened in the fall and there was valet parking over the Christmas season. I'd imagine sales per square foot are up significantly since all this redevelopment began.

Any know if they are doing something with the space next to the Toys R US? Their entrance is almost hidden.

^ I noticed that today. I barely noticed the Toys R US store, and as an irregular visitor to this mall, I thought it was a bad setup. I take it that it is temporary?

It looks to me like they will eventually redo that area so that Toys R Us will have a larger entrance. I can't imagine it will be left as is.

I guess the trend nowadays to have a car dealership in all suburban malls. Tesla at Yorkdale, Porsche at Square One and now Mercedes in Markville.

I guess that that means there will be a GM dealership at the Oshawa Centre?

The new Oldsmobiles are in early this year!

bluesbrothersoldsmobile.3117.jpg

Back