News   May 03, 2024
 527     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 258     0 

Mapping of Projects

taal

Member Bio
Reaction score
Ideally using Google maps or some other medium we could map out every project based on location and provide a link to the associated thread.

Do you think Google maps would be the best way to go about this?

Here is something similar on Adam Vaughan's website. There maps for 7 districts within Ward 20. The link is for the "Entertainment District". To view other maps click on the "Community Maps" tab at the top of each page, and then one of the 7 districts. On each map there are red dots that have info for that development. Obviously the maps are not perfect and not every development is there. The maps were developed as part of a Ryerson Planning Studio project last year (in which I was involved in) and have since been continued by one of the studio groups for this year.

Urban Database also uses Google Maps with links to the webpages for the different developments

Thanks for moving / renaming this thread.

I'd like to find out exactly how it was done on the site ... that's exactly what we should / could do. I mean his site actually covers a huge area so to be honest that's really good right there. But I think we know of even more developments and also could provide links to our threads.

Moreover his site just covers downtown west of University ... of course.

It would also eliminate the need for my previous silly post (help locate unknown projects) :)

I had already started doing this using Live Search Maps, but stopped when I couldn't get any help with locations of buildings.

I like how on Adam's site it's integrated right there ... no need for an external link.

Can live maps be used the same way?

Back