Toronto The Quay, Tower Three (was Maple Leaf Quay) | 66.44m | 21s | Pacific Reach | BDP Quadrangle

I guess people who don't live in the building can call the number for management and just tell them what you think.

I wouldn't be surprised if they actually take non-residents opinions on the matter too. They want a design that is attractive to tenants, and any one of us are potential tenants really.

Agreed that the red on the windows horizontally looks fine, and kinda completes the look. But, by adding the newer vertical lines randomly looks tacky for sure.

Well this sucks. We know that the answer will be a No.

This isn't a brand new building, nor is it even slightly elegant or sophisticated.

It was a pig and it needed bright red lipstick.

Now it's just going to be a safe and dull makeover with a teeny bit of red to not offend anyone. People need to travel more and see how other cities go about improving eye-sores with something bold and eye-catching. God forbid we stray away from grey, grey, grey here.

I guess people who don't live in the building can call the number for management and just tell them what you think.

Here's what it said at the bottom of the letter from building management:

85 Spy Court, Suite 100, Markham Ontario, L3R 4Z4
Tel: 905-944-9406 Fax: 905-944-9083

Just because you wear a loud shirt does not mean you are well dressed. Bold statements are great if they are well done. The red squares are a wonderful accent. The red vertical ruins the great re-make of these buildings where they moved from bland and dull, to classic and classy. I empathize with the need for vibrancy, but I think we can also afford to be choosy. New mirvish buildings are bold and well done.

If Frank Gehry were responsible for this recladding/redesign of Maple Leaf Quay, then YES, I'd say he's done a very poor job compared to his other brilliant works around the world. But we really shouldn't put this complex in the same league as M+G, to be fair.

This is more like your first sentence: this is a loud shirt. Nothing more. It's not meant to be well dressed.

I think it's meant to be quite well dressed, and I would consider the recladding with the red accents in the windows just that, but I don't consider the red wall panels to add any sophistication at all. That's where the new design jumps from tasteful to in-your-face Hawaiian shirt. Those shirts are great at theme parties, but you wouldn't wear one all the time, and not when you wanted to look 'smart'.

In a city where most people are wearing blue suits, having someone put on a Hawaiian shirt and stand out a little bit is fine by me. The red panels add some colour to core. The end product is much better than where they started. I say Yes.

I was just going to write back the same thing: a Hawaiian shirt here isn't a bad thing. It's next to the water. Nothing wrong with a little tropical. Maybe add some palm trees and neon signs, too. The opinion that this complex should be made to be smart/elegant/sophisticated/well-dressed is laughable to me. It should say, "look at me, I don't blend in." i.e. like a Hawaiian shirt.

A little flash/colour is well appreciate by me. This city is way too conservative and safe for my liking. As for Hawaiian shirts, I have no objections with them. Why is it, only the most bland designs are considered "tasteful"? I'm sure at one time Picasso was not considered tasteful. (and probably still isn't by many UTers)

Back