M5V Life Condos (TAS DesignBuild, Lifetime Developments) - Real Estate -

Thanks MrH, its a beautiful unit. I think I have the exact same color combo of cabinets/counter/floor. Is your countertop the white Quartz one? I couldn't quite tell from the pics.

Hey mirage,

Yeah we picked the quarella polar white quartz countertops. Floors are Oak Wenge (one of the upgrades), and then the SAX dark oak.

M.

Yes, I totally forgot to post the pics here.
PDI went well, there were some issues though:
Some scuffs on the floor
Washer leaked
Master onsuit door wouldnt shut properly
Master window wouldn't close properly
Island panel not installed correctly
Top of column wasn't finished

I have M22A on 30th floor. I didn't take too many pics of the unit because of the view, which is pretty awesome.
https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public/Condo#/Public/Condo
you might need to login to view them

Dear sir:
The housing promoter M5V has delivred our condominium in early September 2011,Oddly, we cannot put our condo on rent, the reason invoked by M5V management is that the co-owned parts of the building are not finished as yt.
I have the following questions:
-Is that strictly legal?
- When the co-owned parts shall be finished? Any estmated completion date?
Thank you for your attention to rhis matter. sincerely

Hi: the housing promter M5V has delivred our condominium in early september 2011, Oddly we cannot put our condo on rent.
the reason invoked by M5V management is that the co-owned parts of the bulding are not finished as yet.
i have the following questions:
-Is that strictly legal?
_ when the co-owned parts shall be finished ? Any estlmated completion date?
Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Is the building registered yet? I think that may be the real reason....i.e., you can't legally rent out a unit if you don't have title to the unit yet....there are also HST considerations pertaining to the purchase price, which can be affected if you rent it out prior to registration...

Anyways, you are asking a legal question on an internet forum....better that you get an answer from your lawyer...

Last edited:
Hi: the housing promter M5V has delivred our condominium in early september 2011, Oddly we cannot put our condo on rent.
the reason invoked by M5V management is that the co-owned parts of the bulding are not finished as yet.
i have the following questions:
-Is that strictly legal?
_ when the co-owned parts shall be finished ? Any estlmated completion date?
Thank you for your attention to this matter.

You CAN rent it out before the building is finnished and before it is registered. The only catch is, you need to pay the builder a certain amount of money to do so (this could be thousands of dollars - as much as $5,000 - it really depends on the builder). Talk to your builder or seek advice from a real estate agent.

Is it just our unit but does anyone else hear the constant loud rattling of pipes especially when it's windy?

High quality? More like poor quality. Watch out.

Just a heads up to those looking to buy... do some research and look at every nook and cranny you can... because you're looking at a lot of potential issues down the road.

How do I know? I live there.

http://poorconstruction.blogspot.com/

Just a heads up to those looking to buy... do some research and look at every nook and cranny you can... because you're looking at a lot of potential issues down the road.

How do I know? I live there.

http://poorconstruction.blogspot.com/

As someone who has complained about developers cutting corners this one takes the cake. Wow. What an awful job. I'm actually angry now.

Is it just our unit but does anyone else hear the constant loud rattling of pipes especially when it's windy?

That is the vents btw.

The ones for your exhaust fans/ERV. They are covered by spring or pressure flaps.

When the wind causes enough negative pressure on the side of your building, it tends to pull the flaps up and then they smack down. Other pressurization issues can also be triggering it. Just know that its all natural causes.

I know this cause its a common complaint in high rises and buildings.

Last edited:
As someone who has complained about developers cutting corners this one takes the cake. Wow. What an awful job. I'm actually angry now.

Disapointment and anger doesn't even begin to describe what my wife and I feel.

Thanks for the post. I guess now you have something to point to when you tell people about developers cutting corners eh?

If you have others that have the same experience, tell them to message me, I'd like to hear about it and spread the word.

Back