News   Apr 25, 2024
 619     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 517     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 761     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

From what I remember, you are looking at the M1 Bloor correct? which are on the 2nd, 3rd floors?

I'm deciding either Bloor (2nd floor), Old Mill (1st Floor), Queens Park (2nd floor). Disappointed that Bloor does not have a powder room, in its place is a storage room :s

i wouldn't be opposed to paying an extra 0.1/sq foot if it meant not paying membership at a gym just to use their squash courts
--------

and on the topic of the hangers, a restoration would be the BEST case scenario.... a restored building, if done correctly would do nothing to detract from the look of the area and in fact would add to the value of any south facing condo as it would guarantee that no tall building be built across from sheppard

restored hangars = guaranteed view for years to come

i wouldn't be opposed to paying an extra 0.1/sq foot if it meant not paying membership at a gym just to use their squash courts

and on the topic of the hangers, a restoration would be the BEST case scenario.... a restored building, if done correctly would do nothing to detract from the look of the area and in fact would add to the value of any south facing condo as it would guarantee that no tall building be built across from sheppard

restored hangars = guaranteed view for years to come

10 cents additional per month on a 700 square foot is $70 per month. I see where youre coming from, but I just dont know.

I will def be active on the budget committee - stuff can quickly get out of hand with the budgets if you let the management company do as they want. seen first hands.

in terms of the hangers, there is already a restriction on the area for height, where the hangers are, I dont think more than 10 floors are allowed. I was for the hangers to stay and even wrote letters to various parties for my vote. But its not happening.

'cept Vaughan Corporate/Metropolitan Centre. Weren't they talking about a new NHL team somewhere up in Vaughan?

this is correct and at this point in time, with the urban sprawl in vaughan and woodbridge, it simply makes the most sense (altho i would love a toronto hockey team in an arena across the street from me). when they extend the spadina line isn't it supposed to go all the way to Vaughan Mills?

10 cents additional per month on a 700 square foot is $70 per month. I see where youre coming from, but I just dont know.

I will def be active on the budget committee - stuff can quickly get out of hand with the budgets if you let the management company do as they want. seen first hands.

-------------

i was planning on getting involved as well. i'm far too outspoken to just sit back and watch

this is correct and at this point in time, with the urban sprawl in vaughan and woodbridge, it simply makes the most sense (altho i would love a toronto hockey team in an arena across the street from me). when they extend the spadina line isn't it supposed to go all the way to Vaughan Mills?

yes.

condo board

I suppose there will be one condo board for M1 + M2 and M3 which they just severed from M4 will have its own. I bought in M3 (Metropolis) not moving in til late 2011 - no firm date yet. Nice to hear about the shops and restaurants, We can start going there to familiarize ourselves with the neighbourhood after looking at the development.

Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension -- Impact on Metro Place Realestate Value

The subway's only going to help out with the condo value 'of course'. I was digging into the details on this and stumbled on this document from the TTC. Thought you guys would be interested if you haven't seen this already.

http://www3.ttc.ca/PDF/About_the_TTC/SubwayExtension_09_05_07.pdf

The Vaughan Corporate Centre Station (aka Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station) is situated at Jane and HWY 7 -- where IKEA, AMC, D&B, etc. are.

i drove by the site yesterday, going north on the allen and it looks like the front facade of the downsview hangars is gone. there was a line of bulldozers parked there as well.

also if you go past the site, on the second and third floor of M1 on the north side you can see what the glass railings on the balconies will look like. they have them randomly installed on 1 unit on each floor

Finishes

I hope this is allowed...

I just went for my finishes selection and snapped some shots of the show rooms and selections.

Standard Kitchen
DSC01673.jpg

Standard Sink with Built-in Vegetable Spray
DSC01676.jpg

Stanless Steel Upgrade Kitchen
DSC01674.jpg

Standard Bathroom
DSC01678.jpg

Cabinet Handle Selections
DSC01667.jpg

Cornice Molding (for those in penthouse levels)
DSC01670.jpg

Backsplash Upgrade Options
DSC01681.jpg

I got a notice as well - pushed back to end of August for M1 LP level :(

I pass by this place everyday for work... they look like they have more than enough completed... if they extend again I'm going to flip out.

Sweet. Thanks for posting as I have yet to go in and make my selections. Are you able to share what the upgrade prices are like? The sales rep that I dealt with didn't share any of that with me...quite frankly it bothered me...and cited that I should call the upgrades department.

I'm expecting the upgrade prices to be ridiculous, but I have no idea at the moment.

Back