News   Apr 24, 2024
 337     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 538     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 486     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Hi,

The part # is: W10120839A. You can get it from: Reliable Parts (1287 Caledonia Rd, North York, ON M6A 2X7, Canada). It takes only 5 minutes drive from Allen & Sheppard.
The cost is approximately 10 dollars (CAN).

JPL

Hey All ! This was a really informative section; Wow I've never seen a real-estate forum for a complex with so many posts :)

I had a couple questions about the complex but first a comment for I-Need-To-Know ... re: running on the condo board, you honestly don't need to be overly qualified, just having a passion for the building is by far what's important (I'm speaking from personal experience here ;) Mind you I did have some family experience (growing up my father was the president of the board). You learn on the job so to speak; What's incredibly important is having a competent property manager (not property management company, those all have flaws, its the property manager who's key). Anyway that's a long way of saying you should run if you have an interest :)

I had a couple questions about the complex; I see there are 4 buildings M1,2,3,4 - do you share amenities between the buildings (or do M1/2 share and M3/M4 ? The condo fees seem really low in M3/4 (not always a good thing, generally never a good thing :), you can see here:
http://condos.ca/toronto/metropolis-parkside-at-metroplace-1-de-boers-dr-1060-sheppard-ave-w

I'm hoping that site is incorrect and they haven't held the condo fees flat for the last 3 years ?

M1 and M2 still have good condo fees in comparison to the rest of Toronto (for buildings of that size).

Any general thoughts about the differences between the two ?

One difference is that at M1 & M2 we purchased the Superintendent suite and no longer have a to pay a mortgage on it. This is a benefit for the long run here.

When I wanted to open the elevator document, in Building Link , I received a warning from McAfee that it contains a potential virus. I opened it anyways because I felt that since I know who is sending it ,that it most likely should be safe . Nevertheless I am still surprised about the McAfee warning ? Maybe I should have alerted the Management office about this ?

Does anyone know what happened to our year-end board meeting? Didn't we usually have one in November in previous years?

In regards to the lights being out on some floors - I noticed for our floor, the sensor is waaaaaay at the end of the hall, near a unit that had been unoccupied until recently. The lights are pretty much out unless someone wanders down to that end of the hall - or triggers the lights when they go into the garbage chute room (which is close to the sensor). I've gotten used to having near-dark hallways due to this. I wonder if it's the same situation for you guys.

Does anyone know what happened to our year-end board meeting? Didn't we usually have one in November in previous years?

In regards to the lights being out on some floors - I noticed for our floor, the sensor is waaaaaay at the end of the hall, near a unit that had been unoccupied until recently. The lights are pretty much out unless someone wanders down to that end of the hall - or triggers the lights when they go into the garbage chute room (which is close to the sensor). I've gotten used to having near-dark hallways due to this. I wonder if it's the same situation for you guys.

Nope! I'm in the middle and when I walk out to the hallway, lights goes on throughout.

You should report this to the Management office because the sensor could be faulty on the floor that you live on

Hi,

The part # is: W10120839A. You can get it from: Reliable Parts (1287 Caledonia Rd, North York, ON M6A 2X7, Canada). It takes only 5 minutes drive from Allen & Sheppard.
The cost is approximately 10 dollars (CAN).

JPL

The only problem is that it is two inches shorter than what is in there now . Next week ,when I have time ,I will take it back there along with the original filter to show them what size it should be

Update: I exchanged this filter and got the correct size . Once the filter is replaced the settings have to be reset so that "replace filter " doesn't flash anymore.

Did you know that there is also a second charcoal filter for the Microwave . The manual says that it should be replaced every six months. Easy to say but not easy to do . Where is it and how does one replace it ?

Last edited:

But this time when I rinsed the filter and put it back in ," change filter " ,still flashed on the microwave . I ended up replacing it and still got the "replace filter" message. So I looked in the microwave book and it said that the settings have to be reset after cleaning or replacing the filter to not flash. So I did that and it no longer flashes . The manual also mentions another filter, a charcoal filter at the top of the microwave which should be replaced every six months. I'm not exactly sure where it is and how to remove it. The manual says that two screws need to be removed to get at it. I am not even sure if it can be replaced without removing the entire unit from the cabinet that it is in ? Probably out of 250 units not a single unit here replaced that filter, probably no one even knows it exists.

Back