Luna Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

I agree the criticism has been unnecessary and in poor taste. However I also agree that this is an internet forum and poor taste is (sadly) what internet forums are all about. Take them for what they're worth. If nothing else the posts help give us a better picture of our fellow forum-posters. Case-in-point: poster I've quoted must live a pretty miserable life..

Yeah, casaguy's life must be miserable in his awesome Yorkville condo. Great post!

Wow. This is truly surprising. I can't believe the hyper-sensitive nature of some of you.

Perhaps I was somewhat harsh when criticizing the unit (it was presented as a random unit and not the poster's own unit). It was simply my strong personal opinion on what is most certainly very questionable taste. My apologies if I hurt an anonymous poster's feelings.
I wasn't particularly offended by anything written. I just felt that one distasteful comment deserved another.

Yeah, casaguy's life must be miserable in his awesome Yorkville condo. Great post!
ha! an "awesome yorkville condo" automatically means someone's life isn't miserable? PLEASE tell me you were writing that tongue-in-cheek... or i think a lot of people will have difficulty taking you seriously from now on...

do you all realize that the finishes are limited by the builder? so you end up picking the worst of the three evils.. :confused:

img0824.jpg

in our case, we chose the same colour scheme as the bashed poster and are quite happy with it.. gray was too cold, the beige was too blah and the red is *bold* but i think it works great.. you can see some pix from our PDI here

oh and btw, the internet is stupid fast :p (100mbit / 5mbit), costs $50/mth, no caps, no install fees, full wiring in the suites and the tech is a great guy!

take that haters :)

757199486.png

777219106.png

48905.png

I wasn't particularly offended by anything written. I just felt that one distasteful comment deserved another.

ha! an "awesome yorkville condo" automatically means someone's life isn't miserable? PLEASE tell me you were writing that tongue-in-cheek... or i think a lot of people will have difficulty taking you seriously from now on...

Your posts are truly awful and you need to lighten up. Sweeping wishy-washy generalizations about Internet forums and how anyone who expresses an opinion you don't share Takes Themselves Too Seriously are tiresome and not enlightening. It conjures up images of the overly politically- correct fat geek who has trouble getting dates.

oh and btw, the internet is stupid fast :p (100mbit / 5mbit), costs $50/mth, no caps, no install fees, full wiring in the suites and the tech is a great guy!

take that haters :)

I don't know if Telus broadband is that much of a bragging point. I know two couples in apex, a co-worker in neo, and renter in matrix who all got switched to Rogers within a few months of moving in :( That was a couple of years ago though. Has Telus improved over time?

I don't know if Telus broadband is that much of a bragging point. I know two couples in apex, a co-worker in neo, and renter in matrix who all got switched to Rogers within a few months of moving in :( That was a couple of years ago though. Has Telus improved over time?

lol.. my comment was a bit more tongue-in-cheek wrt TELUS.. but i can tell you that yes it's fast (even if i hit 50 mbps it's still better than robbers/cogeco/fibe at half the cost and no overage).. there are no contracts and if you cancel before your month is up, it's pro-rated.. you get a month free to test drive it, you get a free wifi router and if you decline b/c you have your own, you get another free month.. oh and 2 movie passes... but what shocked me the most was when i called them to sign up (and subsequent calls for tech/billing support as well):

me: "hi, i'd like for the technician to come out and install/activate the internet, do you have any evening appointments?"
TELUS: "sir, we do hourly appointments so if you want someone to come at X then they will be there"
me: ....
TELUS: "sir, are you there?"
me: "so you mean i don't have to stay home for the whole day for you to maybe come on site that day??"
TELUS: "that's correct, what time would you like the technician to come by at? first available appointment is 10:30 AM"

the tech showed up at 10:10 :) He said that the buildings west of spadina are much easier for him to work on (full patch panels in suites)

bottom line is, if you're fine with 1mbit internet for some emails and because that's all you know, then that's fine but for the tech savvy ones, or ones who like to watch a lot of hi def content (streamed or otherwise) it's a blessing and definitely one of the perks living at cityplace

hah, that's really good. I've always hoped telus would expand outside cityplace, because like most people with a pulse, I loathe Rogers. But I doubt that'll happen :(

It would make sense for them to provide broadband service for the TCHC and Fort York area at least.

do you all realize that the finishes are limited by the builder? so you end up picking the worst of the three evils.. :confused:

img0824.jpg

in our case, we chose the same colour scheme as the bashed poster and are quite happy with it.. gray was too cold, the beige was too blah and the red is *bold* but i think it works great.. you can see some pix from our PDI here

so do all the units come with 3 different kitchen cabinets styles?
i was surprised to see dark base cabs combined with light woodlook and aluminum uppers

Telus internet is BADASS. It's fast as hell and the no caps mean you don't even need a crazy TV package because you can download 40GB Blu-Ray rips all day long.

Yup, the red is the best of the three. And oh no, like it's so damn hard to change out a backsplash? 20 minute job maybe? hahahahahahahahahaha keep hating.

Your posts are truly awful and you need to lighten up. Sweeping wishy-washy generalizations about Internet forums and how anyone who expresses an opinion you don't share Takes Themselves Too Seriously are tiresome and not enlightening. It conjures up images of the overly politically- correct fat geek who has trouble getting dates.
Funny... I've actually always felt the same way about your posts (the awful bit). I don't generally accuse people of taking themselves too seriously... but I think it's blatantly obvious in your case. Conjures up images of some single 30-40 year old whose only outlet is an internet forum (because most others are probably tired of listening to him).

I don't know if Telus broadband is that much of a bragging point. I know two couples in apex, a co-worker in neo, and renter in matrix who all got switched to Rogers within a few months of moving in That was a couple of years ago though. Has Telus improved over time?
They musn't have been too bright. The Telus internet available at Cityplace is a legitimate and uncapped 100Mb/s connection - and for those who care, it most certainly is a bragging point. Rogers has nothing even remotely close to offer in comparison. There's absolutely no reason to switch to Rogers other than perhaps to save a few bucks (and sacrifice a ton of speed).

To be honest there really hasn't been much to improve upon. No other bandwidth provider in the country (or perhaps even the continent) comes anywhere close to offering similar speeds, and they have no limits which they could have loosened up on.

PS: They must be juicing the shit outta that Canoe Landing lawn because it's looking greener every day.

what is that patch of broken dirt to the east of Canoe landing? it's fenced off, and directly south of Luna. Is that part of the park, or another building?

what is that patch of broken dirt to the east of Canoe landing? it's fenced off, and directly south of Luna. Is that part of the park, or another building?
I think this block is where the other TCHC Tower+Community Center is going.. to the chagrin of West One/N2 residents. Pretty sure the open space will be somewhat fused with the rest of the park though.

Back