News   Apr 19, 2024
 650     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

Lower Queen Station

J0n0001

Member Bio
Reaction score
Can someone please give me a rational reason that we use streetcars and not the subway line below Queen Street. I'm aware that we get movie money to rent it out, but is our traffic flow and pedestrian safety not paramount???

Can someone please give me a rational reason that we use streetcars and not the subway line below Queen Street. I'm aware that we get movie money to rent it out, but is our traffic flow and pedestrian safety not paramount???

there's no subway underneath queen, just a short roughed out streetcar tunnel.

i think this topic came up before and one of the problems is the prohibitive costs associated with working around all the path tunnels.

There's no existing tunnel under Queen Street, just a roughed-in cavern for a station under the existing Queen Street with blank walls at either end. It's never used for filming; you're thinking of Lower Bay station.

I knew a guy who was adamant that there was a Queen Subway tunnel between Yonge and Dufferin because the railway underpass at Dufferin declares it as being the "Queen Street Subway".

I knew a guy who was adamant that there was a Queen Subway tunnel between Yonge and Dufferin because the railway underpass at Dufferin declares it as being the "Queen Street Subway".

LOL!

some people think the doorway at the underpass is the sealed off entrance to that subway.

well if anyone ever wandered into the washroom buried underneath the intersection of Queen and Spadina they'd think they were in a subway station probably -- speaking of which, if anyone has any photographic evidence of these, it'd be cool to see, considering how "lost" these things really are.. there's a bunch of them.

What exactly is under the Queen subway station? The photo below is the first of 8 taken in the concrete box below the Yonge Line platforms.

105029781_0b3f631a3f.jpg

Click here to see this and the 7 other photos taken down there (click on the thumbnail at the upper right of the photo pages to continue through the set), and for a full explanation of it all.

Dude, you've just opened pandora's box :D!

What exactly is under the Queen subway station? The photo below is the first of 8 taken in the concrete box below the Yonge Line platforms.

105029781_0b3f631a3f.jpg

Click here to see this and the 7 other photos taken down there (click on the thumbnail at the upper right of the photo pages to continue through the set), and for a full explanation of it all.

weird! i was just looking at the exact same photos on flickr! :eek:

Back