News   Apr 26, 2024
 488     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Loblaws (and Loblaws owned retail) news

kyler

Member Bio
Reaction score
Was surprised to see that the Loblaws at Broadview and Danforth is being converted to a No Frills, with it's planned demolition.

Here's the planned development

I've heard it's the worst Loblaws in the chain. I've never been inside, but worst Loblaws is an award I'd give to the Dundas West/Bloor location... also up for redevelopment.

Was surprised to see that the Loblaws at Broadview and Danforth is being converted to a No Frills, with it's planned demolition.

I've heard it's the worst Loblaws in the chain. I've never been inside, but worst Loblaws is an award I'd give to the Dundas West/Bloor location... also up for redevelopment.

We had some discussion about this elsewhere, I believe in the Downtown Grocery thread.

I think we can reasonably infer than than any redevelopment on this site is being pushed into the future.

I speculated that the reasoning behind this may be the pending closure and demolition of the No Frills at Carlaw/Gerrard for the Ontario Line; but suggested, that is so, I would have done something different, repurposing the Queen/Carlaw Shoppers instead.

I'd nominate Humbertown too. That store sucks.

Back